WILD method

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
pennysuede

WILD method

Postby pennysuede » 26 Jan 2015 20:23

Hello everyone. So, I have been practicing lucid dreaming for a good half of a year, and found I am able to have a WILD pretty much on demand. I'm frustrated because I have not been able to spontaneously wake up in my dreams, I have to just enter them using the WILD method. I look at the tutorials on WILD and I don't go through any of that at all. The way I do it is super easy and only takes moments and you will know right off the bat if you will be able to enter a WILD or not that night.

For me all I do is close my eyes (melantonin REALLY helps), and once I am laying down, I focus on the back of my eye lids and lay still and just relax as normal. I dont attach myself to any rules or have to's. VERY soon, I start seeing hypnogognic shapes or hear light music, and I start feeling floaty. I do allow the floating feeling to continue as I know that really is my vehicle out (for me). Still focusing on the back of my eyelids, I start seeing my dream unfolding. Its fuzzy at first and usually starts forming as a fuzzy blue sky, a few seconds later I am flying in a new dream.

I wonder though if the things I am able to do in this method is the same as I would be able to do as if I just woke up in my dreams.

taniaaust1

Re: WILD method

Postby taniaaust1 » 28 Jan 2015 09:45

I wonder though if the things I am able to do in this method is the same as I would be able to do as if I just woke up in my dreams.

I personally find my LDs done by WILD often are harder to stay in then if Ive just become lucid in the middle of the night during a dream. I also have to work to extend my WILDs more as otherwise they are often short but when I wake up in a dream instead.. the dreams are more effortless and I can continue as long as I like without having to worry about drop outs or keeping myself in at all.

As far as what I can do in these dreams, that doesnt change and with both I can get very good dream quality and be quite aware and I can interact with the dreams in the same degree.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”