Feeling Far Away From My Sleeping Body

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Summerlander

Feeling Far Away From My Sleeping Body

Postby Summerlander » 10 Feb 2015 13:43

Last night I dreamt about being a spy like James Bond on the trail of a corrupt industrialist (I read about Marc Rich before bedtime) when I became lucid.

I appeared to be in a strange European town at nighttime. I remembered that I needed to wake up early in order to take my eldest son to a pre-school literacy club. This is where my logic was slightly amiss. Despite knowing I was dreaming, I felt myself to be miles away from my physical body and took off in flight over the dreamscape, searching for my house in order to wake up.

Suddenly, I found myself at the bottom of my street, slowly flying just above the trees on either side of the road. I couldn't speed up and thought I would be late taking my son to school. Eventually I woke up at 7 am to the sound of my alarm.

Then I realised how silly I'd been. I could have just wished to wake up. Feeling out-of-body whilst lucid dreaming is only an illusion. This is reminiscent of Alan Worsley's "bizarre thinking" in lucid dreams (posted in Dream Science).

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”