Outer Body Experience?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
jimmyjames

Outer Body Experience?

Postby jimmyjames » 19 Apr 2015 07:39

So this happened in the midst of another dream, but I was back in my own bedroom, in my bed. I felt a strange double vision, half body paralysis thing which has happened before, where one "layer" of my vision remains still and the other "layer" moves around with my body, like I'm in two seperate places. It's also very hard to move, and in this situation half of my body felt paralysed.

I really wanted to wake up (I was lucid in the dream within the dream, but not in the actual dream lol) so I tried to crawl over to my fan and wake myself up. I managed to get over there with half of my body working, and I propped my back up against the fan and reached behind me and turned it on. I then realised that from my other half-vision, I couldn't see myself at the fan.

I then "woke" up and told my DC's about my dream :roll:

Has anyone experienced any sort of double vision, split body thing before?

Summerlander

Re: Outer Body Experience?

Postby Summerlander » 20 Apr 2015 01:36

I have on more than one occasion. One time I was lucid and flying a few feet above ground, eager to find out where a dream road led to. Suddenly, I perceived myself lying in bed and experienced the "double vision" you mentioned. It was weird. The right side of my visual field still registered a panoramic view of the mysterious road traversing a bucolic dreamscape, while on the left, what could have been an oneiric replica of my bedroom.

I felt paralysed--the flying sensation no longer present--but my right eye could see a moving scene suggestive of flight. I knew I had to pick one of two scenes in order to hold on to this peculiar lucid dream state, so I went for the right one (where I'd be flying). But the dream scene that appeared to provide more escapism proved elusive.

Both scenes became partially and incomprehensibly superimposed but some contrast was retained. Eventually, the domicilliary scene arrogated my attention completely and became more defined--realer somewhat! My right eye, however, appeared to be glued shut and drooping a little, making me feel like some sort of mutant.

I made and attempt to crawl out of bed and experience a heavy resistance--like I was either being pulled back or weighing a tonne. Eventually I brought home the bacon. I managed to reach a window, restored 100% vision, and continued my oneiric exploration before waking up.

On a separate occasion I underwent an oddity that parodied the out-of-body experience. A separation from the sleeping body was perceived. Subsequently, I separated from the phantom body standing in the middle of my room, and then separated from the third body. The phantom bodies that stood were unlike the opaque and mannequin-like one lying in bed. One body in particular was transparent and possessed several auras whose outlines suggested several bodies contained in one. I call this my "Manifold Body" experience. :mrgreen:

I have also experienced false awakenings where I tell dream characters about the lucid dreams that preceded them.

Thanks for sharing! 8-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

jimmyjames

Postby jimmyjames » 20 Apr 2015 08:03

Now that I think about it, I went through a phase where every morning right before i woke up I would experience the double vision, where one half was still lying down but the other half was able to sort of get up, except would always fall back. I thought that this was just my eyes being slightly open while I was dreaming, but now I know this can't be the case because I dreamt about going to my fan which I wouldn't logically do when I'm awake. It would be great to get a convo going about this, and see if anyone else has experience this double-sight/outer body experience :ugeek:

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Apr 2015 10:29

Yes, it is certainly interesting. Indeed sometimes it feels like we are awake and one eye or both are open. This isn't the case in reality, though. Sometimes, however, sensory input from the external word can influence our hypnopompic hallucinations, snd often, perception of this sensorial information is distorted.

For instance, once I lucid dreamed that I looked out my bedroom window and contemplated a futuristic version of the area I live in. Then, I noticed a giant pink face to my side, attached to the external side of the wall. It was weird. As I gradually woke up, this image did not go away. It persisted as a real thing and I eventually understood it to be my wife's pink robe covering her shoulder as she lay with me in bed.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”