Was this my first Lucid Dream?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
JassieKaren

Was this my first Lucid Dream?

Postby JassieKaren » 29 Apr 2015 12:19

I am unsure whether the dream I had yesterday night was my first lucid dream but this was what happened. Me and my mom was in a hotel and my mom was asleep, I was watching a channel on stock exchange (for some odd reason) and I started to add up the numbers and found that they where weirdly large, I thought to myself no way, and so I did a reality check, In the past days (in reality) I had written 1,2,3,4,5 on my finger tips to remind myself to do reality checks and when I did it in this dream I counted 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 :o I was so shocked and excited I started to feel my shoulders on the bed, I was waking up! I immediately started to focus and rubbed my hands in the dream, I got up and walked out the hotel door and it was the hallway of my apartment I continued rubbing my hands and leaning against the walls while moving my eyes up and down but then I remembered reading somewhere (in reality) that you should try to just go with the flow in your first lucid dream so I gave in and fell deep into my dreams without going lucid, I had 3 other dreams that weren't lucid that night.
It seems like a lucid dream, but the moment when I gave in, it felt like it was a dream about me lucid dreaming (if that makes sense :? ) it was quite an odd feeling and I'm just hoping this is an actual lucid dream, any comments, answers or personal experience? Thank You :D
Dare to Explore. Even in your wildest dreams.

RealityCheck

Re: Was this my first Lucid Dream?

Postby RealityCheck » 29 Apr 2015 13:25

Well, that was exactly how I felt on my first lucid dream too!

As long as you were suddenly aware that you were dreaming, then it definitely was your first lucid dream, so congratulation! As for the weird odd feeling as if you were dreaming about being lucid, I can totally relate to that. I don't know if it's like this for others, but for me, my first two or three LDs were very vague lucidity within the dream. I knew I was dreaming, but it was like my 'dream self' was thinking that but not my literal consciousness. I realized after more and more LDs, later you'll have one that you can be 100% certain it was a lucid dream, so it just takes practice and consistency. ;)

Next time, try to get yourself to really become lucid. Take some time to clear your vision and mind. For me, spinning around kind of snapped me into a real strong lucidity state although it was really weird cause it's very different from real life spinning. Don't forget to stay calm and feel your surrounding through your dreams. :)
How to wake yourself up

taniaaust1

Re: Was this my first Lucid Dream?

Postby taniaaust1 » 10 May 2015 21:39

but then I remembered reading somewhere (in reality) that you should try to just go with the flow in your first lucid dream so I gave in and fell deep into my dreams without going lucid, I had 3 other dreams that weren't lucid that night.
It seems like a lucid dream, but the moment when I gave in, it felt like it was a dream about me lucid dreaming

I personally disagree with that that person told you about to just go with the flow. This poor advice is what caused you to loose this dream and go into a non lucid state. You got to be careful that the people who are giving you advice really know what they are talking about as many who haven't even had a lucid or just a few are often giving advice which is often bad advance. (often the advice given only fits some situations but some are trying to apply it to all)

The only time you should go along with the dream a bit is if you are getting too close to a wake state and need to deepen the dream (going along with the dream allows the subconsciousness to kick in stronger). There is no reason to just go along with the dream flow just cause you are new at it.

When you are LD to maintain a LD as long as possible it needs to be balanced between not allowing yourself to drift off to much eg you may need to strengthen waking awareness at times by thinking more... and not getting too close to waking up ie dream stabilization and possibly going with the dream more. What needs to be done depends on your state in the dream.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”