Scary False Awakening to lucid

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
taniaaust1

Scary False Awakening to lucid

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Apr 2015 09:15

Living alone, one of my big fears during the night is someone getting into my house when asleep obviously this fear though I don't think of it much but just at times, obviously that common fear set off the following. (what a horrible false awakening!!).

I get out of bed and walk to my computer room and open the door, the door goes to open but then suddenly is met with resistance, I think at first its a bit stuck or something has fallen behind it or got stuck under a little. I push the door harder but suddenly the resistance on the door pushes me back.

"Oh shit, someone must be in there and pushing the door back, someone must of broken into my house!!" :shock: :? I think. As I cant get into that room as the person is holding the door shut, paniced I ran to my other room and look through the windows, trying to see who is in there (my house is shaped like a U so from some room windows you can see into other rooms).

I cant though see into the room clear enough in the area where the door is so cant see who's holding it.
At this point for no real reason except this is an *unusual occurrence, I started to wonder if maybe my house hasnt been broken into after all, I desperately start hoping this scary situation is only a lucid dream. (I start like almost praying it is a LD).

***I look at my hands**** wishing this is a dream (the whole thing has been so real like that I have no inkling at all its a dream). My hands though show my fingers are all tied in knots. **I breath out a sigh of relief!** Thank god no one is really inside my house!

Now that I know this is a dream, Im not about to let that door and whatever is holding it defeat me. I can use super strength :) .

I go to the door and will myself as really strong and then with this new strength burst the door open ready to confront whatever is in there. Turns out nothing at all is behind it. The room though is full of rows of life sized statue cut outs of people. I walk up and down the rows, really paying attention to each one, wanting to know if any of them look similar to any one in my real life. Turns out "no none of them do".

I wonder if the life like statues will react if I'm not nice to them, so I start harrassing them, scrape one of their faces and hit another statue in the head. They dont react though and keep being lifeless.

So I think at this point, I should do one of the LD challenges but then remember that is currently finished (I had been doing LD challenges with some others till only a few days or so ago) so I decide I will leave this room and do something else.

I step on something on the floor (its maybe a body?? its the right size but I dont know what it is). Before I can investigate this further I suddenly wake up with no warning.

This really isn't a way I'd choose to get into a LD!! Scared the crap out of me.
* I program myself to reality check to "unusual situations" by reality checking to rare occurences.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

astrovineyard

Re: Scary False Awakening to lucid

Postby astrovineyard » 30 Apr 2015 22:24

It is nice when your own dreams surprise you.

But despite the scary subject of the dream, you have to admit that it least wasn't as terrifying as being sucked helplessly into an episode of sleep paralysis.

taniaaust1

Re: Scary False Awakening to lucid

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 May 2015 13:00

astrovineyard wrote:It is nice when your own dreams surprise you.

But despite the scary subject of the dream, you have to admit that it least wasn't as terrifying as being sucked helplessly into an episode of sleep paralysis.

Ive had sleep paralyses before but I don't let that worry me, I just wait for it to end or I try breaking it (It really doesn't bother me). No thinking someone is physically in my home at night while Im alone is certainly much scarier as if real, that could harm me, a stranger in my house could rape me or worst. If you are aware and don't allow fear to get the better of you, sleep paralyses isn't scary.

You need to try to let go of your fear of SP cause the first lucid you do get, you are likely to get that happening, your intense fear is likely to create it and you'll end up not enjoying your LD at all (instead of trying to have a nice lucid from there, I think you'll be trying to wake yourself up). Let go of the thought of SP being terrifying. Every time you post about how terrifying it is, you are affirming to yourself that it is which wont help things for you.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”