Getting stuck in a loop?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Juturna

Getting stuck in a loop?

Postby Juturna » 30 Apr 2015 21:16

This was a dream I had about a week ago and I'm having trouble figuring it out. I think it was lucid, but I'm not sure because of a few things that happened. In the dream, I was sitting in my chemistry class taking a test, but I forgot to bring a bubble sheet for my answers. So I immediately thought, "I never forget to bring an answer sheet, so I must be dreaming." I think I went lucid at this point. I got out of my seat and started to leave the room. I had an anti-gravity type sensation as I walked. I tried to leave the room, but I couldn't get out. It was like I just got stuck in the doorway, and then the dream reset to where I was sitting in my seat taking the test again. I got up again, and this time I had no problem leaving the room. I turned into the hallway, saw a window at the end at went toward it. I was walking towards the window very excitedly because in my head I was thinking "I'm going to fly through the window". And when I got to the window I passed through it and started flying through what looked like a vast arena. That was the last thing I remember, but I think I had a false awakening after that. I woke up in my bed and it was broad daylight. My dog was staring at me through the doorway, and I rolled over and went back to sleep. I know that I was still dreaming because I always sleep with my door shut.

My question is, is it normal to get stuck in a loop when you're lucid dreaming? I'm also confused as to whether this was lucid in the first place because of what happened at the end.

taniaaust1

Re: Getting stuck in a loop?

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 May 2015 13:12

All kinds of weird stuff are usual for dreams, that includes for LDs too. So I wouldn't think anything weird about time repeat stuff in them.

Im not understanding how the end has made you doubt you were lucid earlier. A person can loose their lucidness but its still a LD if the person was lucid in some of it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”