A VERY disturbing beginner lucid experience.

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
SpideyDreamer

A VERY disturbing beginner lucid experience.

Postby SpideyDreamer » 01 May 2015 22:17

Hi guys, pleasure to be a part of this community.

So I have been formally practicing lucid dreaming for around 7 weeks now and have managed to attain lucidity on two separate occasions (including the disturbing one last night that I will discuss) but the lucidity was not very strong or vivid but this is probably to be expected for a beginner.

Last night was awful. I was entrapped by demons who changed form into radical groups and omnipresent malevolent entities. I was not lucid initially and was consumed by fear. These demons/entities took great pleasure in restricting me and extracted all traces of happiness from my soul. Other dream characters were mocking me for "selling my soul" and I even saw anecdotal Facebook statuses from dream characters that were mocking me for my stupidity...

Eventually I realised that this was so awful that I had to be dreaming. Once I attained lucidity I was ultra determined to fly out of the confines of evil and manipulate the dream to my liking. Unfortunately the demons were too strong and were mocking me saying that I will never wake up (I had several false awakenings also and ended up back in that awful place each time although I was lucid)

Should I celebrate a successful lucid dream albeit traumatising? I will not let this deter me from my goals and will keep trying untill I can control my mind.

It is probably pertinent to note that I suffer with anxiety but I am in treatment for it!

jasmine2

Re: A VERY disturbing beginner lucid experience.

Postby jasmine2 » 02 May 2015 03:51

About a year ago, I was either dreaming or in a hypnagogic state, when I suddenly could "feel" a dark, threatening figure approaching the left side of my bed. My bedroom was very dark, but I could "see" that this figure looked exactly like a demon from a Medieval painting. He started pressing down on the mattress next to my shoulder, and then he uttered a terrifying growl close to my ear. I couldn't move, and my heart was racing in fear.

However, this adrenaline-soaked experience triggered a realization that I was dreaming. I thought that I might need to engage in imaginary battle with this creature. However, I first experimented with "telepathically" sending him the message, "I love you!" This may have actually been a rather lukewarm sentiment, nevertheless, instantly the dream demon disappeared!

I immediately woke up and said triumphantly, "Wow, that really worked! Then I started laughing, because, actually for a long time I had wanted to match wits with a dream demon, just to see what it was like, and I finally got a chance. That doesn't necessarily mean than any future similar encounters may be so quickly resolved, but this experience gave me confidence.

- I recommend the following resources -

- Article - "9 Ways To Wake Up From Sleep Paralysis" by Ryan Hurd - LD4all.com

- Article - "Spiritual Sleep Paralysis - Angels, Aliens and Allies - by Ryan Hurd - dreaminglucid.com
(ctrl+) to enlarge text

- Article "When Nightmares Won't Go Away" - webmd -

- Article - "Trauma Treatment: Nightmare Reprocessing" drkathleenyoung.wordpress.com

- Here at world-of-lucid-dreaming.com
On top of Home page, click "Articles" - categories - lots of useful dream information

- Book - "Creative Dreaming" by Patricia Garfield

taniaaust1

Re: A VERY disturbing beginner lucid experience.

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 May 2015 12:46

Unfortunately the demons were too strong and were mocking me saying that I will never wake up (I had several false awakenings also and ended up back in that awful place each time although I was lucid)

That sounds really horrible. I'm glad to read that it didn't put you off.

Think of the demons as being aspects of yourself (inner demons) and the negative things you yourself face in your daily life eg your anxiety.

Trying to flee a nightmare dream by waking up if that is what you were trying to do, commonly can trigger off false awakening. It's always best to keep trying to face them till you do. False awakenings can make things even more unsettling.

I've only had to face one demon at a time in my LDs so far... I changed one into a little innocent child. He'd been such a scary demon before too.

Try reminding yourself next time that you are in a dream so there should be nothing they can do to hurt you. (I recently had zombies eat me in a LD.. they actually gnored off one of my legs.. it didn't hurt).

You could also ask them if they have anything to tell or teach you (they are likely to change once you start facing them).

Once I attained lucidity I was ultra determined to fly out of the confines of evil and manipulate the dream to my liking.

By still trying to flee it was giving this dream form power. The fact you were wanting to flee them, may of been the reason why you couldn't manipulate them. If it happens again, I suggest to try something like shut your eyes and think of them all instead being pussy cats or dogs or whatever you resonate too umm maybe cats would be safer as you wouldn't want a pack of man eating saliva drooling dogs with big teeth.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”