My first lucid dream...

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.

My first lucid dream...

Postby gamesaucer » 28 Jun 2012 09:56

Actually, the title is lying.
It's not my first LD, but my first deliberately caused LD.
I've had LD's as a child before, a long time ago (I was about 4 years old).

So I went to bed, had a dream of which I can only remember a few seconds, and then I woke up because of a combination of a sore throat and a musquito buzzing around my head.

So I had a drink, went back to bed and attempted a WILD.

I've been keeping a dream journal for three days now, and I discovered the website barely a week ago, but I was successful.

As my body was sliding into paralysis, and my mind into the dream scene I imagined, and my conciousness faded away, I just had time to keep my conciousness still going, and I recognised the moment at which the dream scene changed into an actual dream.

At that moment, I tried pressing the fingers of my right hand through my left palm, but because of the starting sleep paralysis, I could barely move and literally jammed it through. And through it went.

Everything started to move at the same time it wasn't moving, and everything was getting detailed and blurry at the same moment. I don't know how to descibe it differently, it's a very funny feeling.

At that moment, I was lying in a corridor. Not the dream scene I imagined, but the rough lines were the same, and I guess that's the most important thing. My subconcious filled in the details.

So I was lying in a corner in the corridor, and because of the starting sleep paralysis, I could still barely move. I wasn't all that excited, but I was fixed on moving for the moment, and not in keeping the dream going.

I called out for help because I wasn't able to move a whole lot, but as the dream started fading I realized that I didn't stabilize it.

Before the dream scene faded out I was able to move more freely, as the effects of the sleep paralysis from my physical were wearing off.

I was too late, and a second later I wook up, ninety minutes after starting my WILD.
The lucid dream lasted for only 10 seconds, but it was well worth it.
This site is really helping me. I would like to express my thanks here, in my signature.

Re: My first lucid dream...

Postby icymx » 28 Jun 2012 13:23

Interesting... I made the same mistake in my first deliberately caused LD as well, it's not uncommon for beginners to forget to stabilize the dream. I wish you luck with LD's in the future!

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Lucid Dreams:
Accidental Lucid Dream With Absolutely No Knowledge of the Subject Whatsoever: 1

Re: My first lucid dream...

Postby SGraham » 28 Jun 2012 15:56

wow thats pretty cool it sound like you got sucsses pretty quickly :D i've been doing wild for about a month and all i have been able to do is enter a dreamscene for maybe like 2 seconds but yeah its never the scene i was invisoning :?:
How do you define real ?
think it over it's a tough question...

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”