First lucid dream I remember

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.

First lucid dream I remember

Postby Meppe » 01 Jul 2012 16:15

Tonight I had the first lucid dream I remember. I think I had lucid dreams as a child, since I remember asking my mom about knowing that your asleep.

Anyway, I was walking around in the town I live in. The buildings were completly misplaced, I complained about how it was much better earlier (as it is in reality). As I was walking past my old school I was suddenly in a familiar crowd, from my days in that school. Everyone, including myself was as grown up as we are in reality.

One of my old bullies complained about the school lunch, and I said something about lunch boxes (I've been in an exchange program to a country where the kids bring their own food to school). He replied with a rude remark that I can't remember, and I thougth that nothing has changed.

After walking a few meters we reached a crossing. By that time we were alone. I commented on the fact that we were on the place he had threathened me when we were kids (we weren't there, we were on the place I had realized that I would get away). I also told him that he now had his chance to follow through with his threath.

The way I said it is very typical for my speaking pattern when I'm awake. I realized that I knew that speaking pattern from somewhere, but couldn't put my finger on it. Then the realization that I was dreaming hit me. I also realized that I didn't remember walking to my old school, I was just suddenly in that crowd. I didn't consider the fact that the crowd had vanished.

While I was standing still, figuring this out, he backed away from me, looking scared out of his mind. Next thing I know he is picking me up, preparing to throw me out on the road.

I didn't exactly have a chance to try stabalizing the dream, I had to defend myself and ended up waking myself up.

Now I just hope that I will get to stabalize the dream the next time. Also, I found it a bit funny. Everything was misplaced, the crowd vanished, I had problems with my memory (which is above average when I'm awake), as 20-years-old we commented on the lunch in the school we had graduated from at the age of 13. And then I figure out that I'm dreaming by not being able to figure out why my own speaking pattern sounds so familiar.

Could this have something to do with me being self-consius about my speaking pattern when I'm awake? My own theory is that my mind tried telling me about how I was making the comment, but it didn't have access to all the information.

Sorry for any language errors, English is not my native language.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”