Easter Service?/Visiting My Father in the hospital/Lt. Col..

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Nickfan40

Easter Service?/Visiting My Father in the hospital/Lt. Col..

Postby Nickfan40 » 27 Mar 2016 20:15

These are some very lucid dreams that I had last night. I did my normal nighttime routine:
Easter Service?

My mother and I were attending church at the church of Christ where we used to go, but I'm not sure if it was an Easter service, I have gone backward or forward in time, or what. The church looks just like I remember it.

We sit in the back of the church in a pew that is in front of a clear glass room with swinging doors that is in front of the front door, and a black lady hands us a red song book. We look over at the left side and see 2, maybe 3, pews full of people. This is the minister, Bennie Hill and his wife Adele's 4 daughters, their husbands. and children; I've never seen so many freckles in my life! I see someone hand a baby across the back of one pew to a woman; her name is Julie Mateyoke, and it is her baby. The baby has a head full of blonde hair, but I never hear if it is a boy or a girl. I whisper to my mother, "Julie has had her baby!" There are 2 very strange things about this. 1. The baby is wearing just a diaper. Why isn't it dressed? 2. I am not going crazy over it, wanting to hold it. I am wondering why.

More and more people file in. Soon, it is overflowing. They have to get chairs and put them at the back of the church. Has someone died? Last time there was a turnout like *that*, it was the year 2000, and someone had died! I look toward the front of the church and see Bennie and a few of the other men of the church. On the stage, I see people wearing red and blue robes like graduation robes, but they are a choir, and there is going to be special singing along with a play.

As soon as everyone is in, the program starts, but it is a strange one. They sing songs we've never heard before, do "motions" along with the words, and dance down the aisles. Some stand by their pews and do the motions. Someone says, "Jesus will destroy the devil!", and 2 men, neither resembling Jesus or the devil. come out and start punching each other. The "Jesus" actor is a young blonde man wearing glasses and resembling a picture I've seen of my cousin Mike, which had been taken at a family reunion in 1978! The men roll around on the floor, then fall down the stairs into the basement, landing on some papers on the floor. My mother and I are standing by the stairs with some other people and see it happen. Right behind us, there is a homeless? man lying on the floor in ragged, dirty clothes, and huddled into a ball.

The choir walk down the aisle, handing out small cards to people, and to my mother and I, but I can't see what's on it. I see a patch on each of their robes, and it says, "The Salvation Army"; I know The Salvation Army doesn't do that. At the end of the service, we sing The Hallelujah Chorus, and go home.

Visiting My Father in the Hospital

My mother, sister, and I are walking up some stairs in a hospital, because my sister is afraid of strange elevators. I think it is strange because in real life, my mother can't walk very well without a cane and she has a heart murmur; when she walks fast her chest hurts and she gets short of breath. In this dream, she is very healthy. I must have travelled back in time.

It is January 2002. We see my father sitting up in bed, very thin, and pale. It doesn't disturb us because he was always pretty thin, but this time he is even thinner. In a while, I am standing outside the room, wishing my mother and sister would hurry up because the antiseptic smell is making me queasy.

Walking Alone at Night

I am walking down my street alone at night, recognizing everything about it.

I see a white car parked in front of a yellow frame house about 3/4 of the way up the street. As I cross to see who is in it, a picture of my brother-in-law David's Aunt Vera and her husband Fred on their wedding day flashes into my mind. Why am I seeing *this*?! I wasn't even thinking about *them*! Soon, it disappears and I open the door to the car, seeing a man from my new church inside. I say, "Oh, sorry!", and close the door. It is then that I see the word, POLICE, on the side of it. I go on home, unlock the door, and get ready for bed, but I am sleeping downstairs in the room that was my father's.
______________________________________________________________________________________

Lt. Columbo Shows me some pictures of Leonard Nimoy

I am walking alone down a street that is 1 block away; it is called N. Ashland Ave. Across from it is the elementary school where I went in the 1980's. No one is there, so I cross the street next to the playground area. I see a shaggy-haired man in a long raincoat, smoking a cheap cigar, but I can't smell it; I guess I didn't want to. I recognize him as Lt. Columbo (Peter Falk). He is standing near a large metal chain-link "cage" (I have seen these all my life, and don't know what they are), with a door on it. I know that on the other side of the door, there are stairs that lead to another door, but I don't know what is on the other side.

We start to talk. I say, "Isn't your wedding anniversary coming up soon? Which one is it, 25th or 30th?" He says, "It's past the 25th, but I know it's not 30, maybe 27!" He opens the door and we walk down the steps. He opens the other door and when we walk in, it is some kind of classroom with other kids around. We walk over to a table and he shows me black-and-white pictures of Leonard Nimoy. Some of them, I don't recognize, but 2 of them I do. One is of him wearing the black and white clothes he wore when he sang, The Legend of Bilbo Baggins, and in the other, he is standing next to a tree and a fence, as if he's in the country somewhere. I recognize it as being from In Search Of..., but I don't remember the episode.

I wake up laughing because I remember Columbo telling Dr. Barry Mayfield that he got queasy in hospitals and the doctor gave him a very good piece of advice: Stay out of hospitals! I only wish I could! I've never been a patient, but just last month, my mother was.

Nickfan40

Re: Easter Service?/Visiting My Father in the hospital/Lt. Col..

Postby Nickfan40 » 08 Jul 2016 02:43

Julie Mateyoke gave birth to her son, Levi Bennett Mateyoke on June 18, 2016. I can't wait to see him.

Nickfan40

Re: Easter Service?/Visiting My Father in the hospital/Lt. Col..

Postby Nickfan40 » 13 Jan 2018 01:03

I finally got to meet Levi Bennet Mateyoke. It was a few months ago at the funeral of a member of our other church and Julie brought her kids. He was such a cutie, but was so spoiled that he wouldn't let anyone other than the family hold him. When I reached down to pick him up. he yelled out, "Mama!" and everyone laughed. He's a natural blonde and he looked like a bald eagle because what little hair he had was close to his head, kind of like Joey from All in the Family.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”