I Saw God (sort of)

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Rip Nasty

I Saw God (sort of)

Postby Rip Nasty » 14 Oct 2016 07:30

Hello, dreamy peeps. This was the most vivid LD I've ever had. Here it is and enjoy!

I was in this old abandoned building with a girl I didn't know (let's call her Bertha) and Bertha had dropped her camera in this pool that had been drained for a while. It was deep though like 20 feet or more. Anyway, I saw a long slab of wood that led down to the empty pool and grabbed her camera climbed back out and returned it to her. We were talking and I looked at this old wooden dresser and just spontaneously had a realization that I was dreaming (usually how I get lucid, kinda weird). I doubted it at first because of how real everything looked. I turned to Bertha and cut her off mid-sentence (I don't care anymore, Bertha #GetRekt) saying, "Where are we?" She told me we were in the catacombs. (What the flip? That makes no sense). Suddenly, my chest started to rise and next thing I knew my feet lifted up off the ground and I was floating. I passed right through the ceiling of the abandoned building then my eyes were greeted by a great medieval town overgrown with lush, green vines. Bertha told me that this was my city and I was the town's leader.

I was basking in the intensity and reality of the dream and looked to the sky in awe when out of no where I started soaring into the sky at 1,000,000 mph (definitely faster than the posted speed limit). I could feel the intense wind on my face. I break through the atmosphere and arrive in space. The stars were shining and I saw a very bright white orb. I had the thought that it was God and the bright white orb began to take shape, but my heart was beating so fast from the exhilarating ride into space that I woke up and never got to see what it was. (Yeah I know, lame ending)

Hope you enjoyed!

~Rip Nasty

Summerlander

Re: I Saw God (sort of)

Postby Summerlander » 14 Oct 2016 18:43

The catacombs were were the ancient Romans buried their dead. In your lucid dream you perceived a medieval town ... Hmmm! What a coincidence. What have you been reading or watching on the telly lately? :)

On the finale: What would you like God to be? 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

dizzyuluru

Postby dizzyuluru » 14 Oct 2016 23:02

Rip Nasty wrote:I turned to Bertha and cut her off mid-sentence (I don't care anymore, Bertha #GetRekt) saying, "Where are we?"

SAVAGE! Also, pretty interesting dream. Too bad you woke up at the end :(!
Lucid Dreams: 24
Dreams Recorded:344
Days recorded: 201 (Started Sept. 18, 2016)
Last updated 4/4/17

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 Oct 2016 07:01

It was the big electron as George Carlin would say. ;)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Visiondreamer

Postby Visiondreamer » 05 Oct 2017 06:07

About a decade ago, I had a dream that I was on a home lined street in San Francisco. I stood in front of an old Victorian building that had what appeared to be poverty stricken orphans sitting and standing in a crowd. Everything was dirty. The air was thick with smog. My heart was so broken and the pain in my heart so great that I soared up into the clouds just like the image at the top of the forum at a speed that caused my stomach to rise into my chest (like a rollercoaster). After I had reached above the clouds, a great voice thundered, "(my name), I am God! I am the Alpha and Omega!" "Go and do great things with my power!"
I llooked up. My feet were on solid ground. I commanded a golden cash register to open (the old drug store type).The register drawer opened and golden coins spilled to the ground like water. I looked up at the stoop. The children were playing with full bellies and broad smiles. The air was crisp and clear-so much so that the colors that surrounded me were brighter and more vivid than my eyes have seemingly laid on in just a few moments.
I woke up confused and sad that it was just my dream. Had I controlled it that time, perhaps I would have flown to the Golden Gate. I remembered how that dream ended when I landed on the cables and clung for my life. It was a long way up. Sometimes dreams you can control don't end in the controlled state(?).

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”