An hour long WILD

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Jack Reacher

An hour long WILD

Postby Jack Reacher » 14 Jul 2012 22:52

This is probably the best lucid dream I have ever had, it took a while for me to do though. Right so I set my alarm clock to 4 am, got out of bed and went to the toilet, then just lay in bed and waited to see what would happen. A dream came on, I started running to solidify it but it wasnt ready, and I ended up falling down with no strength to get back up.

After a while of lieing in bed a huge buzzing feeling in my head goes off, and I feel my headflop to the side. This kinda freaked me out so I corrected myself, and the hypnogogia went away. I told myself next time to just see what happens. So it happened again, I let my body lie, and then I lost all perception of where my body was, taken to this strange place full of shapes, my head buzzing the whole time, is that normal?

Im then taken to a house, and I want it to be a mansion. So I start doing acrobatics, and it was so damn fun I felt like Neo from the matrix. The more acrobatics I did, grabbing onto lights and doing backflips off walls, the bigger the house seemed to get. It seemed to grow according to my needs, since I am no pro at acrobatics every time I was about to bail there would be something I could grab on to. In short it was impossible to bail.

I then went flying for a good 20 minutes, at one point a storm the size a nuclear mushroom could started chasing me.

At one point of this marathon dream I found my dead cat (alive in the dream of course), I seemed to remember exactly how to control her movements by subtle behavoir. as she sat on my lap she felt like... light. Its a feeling I can never describe, something I have never felt before, like it was like a fizzing burning feeling.

At one point in the dream loads of people all gathered around to watch this new movie, it was a huge mindscrew movie and had loads of twists, everyone was dieing to see what would happen. I said to my friend, it turns out the movie is all about how this reality is taking place in my head, and that the movie isnt a movie but is part of my dream. One chick who was watching the movie overheard me, and looked extremely pissed off that I spoiled it. I said I was joking, such a thing was insane.

I also remember convincing other dream characters that they were all in my head
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Peter

Re: An hour long WILD

Postby Peter » 15 Jul 2012 04:38

lieing in bed a huge buzzing feeling in my head goes off, and I feel my headflop to the side.

Possibly your dream body formed up and you missed this, in hindsight I have had counless hours in bed trying to get lucid via a WILD and I already was lucid just didnt know it.

I let my body lie, and then I lost all perception of where my body was, taken to this strange place full of shapes, my head buzzing the whole time, is that normal?

Yes completly normal for that type of dream entry, I had it a few times years ago and it is very intense but have not experienced it for a few years.

The rest is a lucid and sounded like a cool experience, good work as if it was a game you have found a new way in to another level. I think that sometimes the more intense the entry the more intense the dream
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 15 Jul 2012 05:14

Yeah the buzzing was really intense, I could feel my head fall to the side and it would come on with no warning at all. If i tried moving my body it felt like I was interacting with the light/energy/whatever.

More of the dream is coming back to me, the house I was doing acrobatics really felt like my personal, perfect santuary. It would basically trasnform into anything I needed basically as I needed it to. Also music was playing in my head the whole time, but it seemed to be everywhere. It was my favourite band Interpol, and the music wasnt actually anything they had done, rather the song would transform and adapt as I wanted it to. Its like getting a song stuck in your head and you kinda modify it however you want, but it sounded like an actual song, one tailored for me.

Near the end it got a bit much though, I had 2 false awakenings and both times I didnt trust the reality checks, I would be very cautious the whole time as I wasnt sure if it was a dream or not, it seemed just to real. Both times were in my room as well, making it even harder.

As it got too much I tried to kill myself in the dream as I just couldnt wake up ( a perfectly rational decision) however every time I tried spawning a gun, it would be something like celotape or a stapler. when I did get a gun and pick it up, I would be in FPS video game mode, no way to actually point it at myself! At that point I just willed myself to wake up, it was just too long

Peter

Postby Peter » 15 Jul 2012 06:08

Yeah the buzzing was really intense, I could feel my head fall to the side and it would come on with no warning at all. If i tried moving my body it felt like I was interacting with the light/energy/whatever.

LOL - I expect you were in your dream body and didnt know it and each time your head rolled over you would be near an exit. Ryan posted a long time back that this happened to him and he fell out of bed and kept going through the floor, I did it one night and felt stupid as I had fallen out of bed and it took some time to work out that I was dreaming and in my dream body on the bedroom floor. It never stops suprising me.

Were you using anything to get lucid?

I have had lucids that last hours and in the end wake myself up as there is nothing more to do.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 15 Jul 2012 06:27

I didnt use anything, had a big break from lucidity though

And yeah during this time I did think I was on the floor, every time I opened my eyes I was in this awkward position beside my bed, folded in a way that I couldnt move, felt like a moron. I was saying please let this be a dream but couldnt get back to my body, after a while the darkness settled in and I was back in bed

Peter

Postby Peter » 15 Jul 2012 06:38

Awesome, we try so hard to get lucid and you were lucid, oob and wanted it to end. Out SC has a wicked sense of humor

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”