LUCID DREAMERS WANTED

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
penny pose

LUCID DREAMERS WANTED

Postby penny pose » 06 Jan 2017 00:42

hi im doing an extended project on lucid dreaming and would like to know about peoples experiences with lucid dreaming and how they started getting into it and how far are they going to take it so if you want to reply plz do so as it would very helpful. thank you

Sean Jacobs

Re: LUCID DREAMERS WANTED

Postby Sean Jacobs » 06 Jan 2017 21:25

penny pose wrote:hi im doing an extended project on lucid dreaming and would like to know about peoples experiences with lucid dreaming and how they started getting into it and how far are they going to take it so if you want to reply plz do so as it would very helpful. thank you

Hi penny pose.

You can see a list of my lucid dreams in this forum. They are all in one thread.

I got started when I had a spontaneous lucid dream, and then researched it online. Once I discovered that you can take steps to intentionally have LDs I started. I have been pursuing them on and off since 2004.

I'm not sure what you mean by "how far are they going to take it". But, I'm willing to put in significant time and effort (and lost sleep) to reach a place where I can lucid dream pretty much at will.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

penny pose

Postby penny pose » 08 Jan 2017 23:02

sean your posts are very intresting and insightful . I would like to know what do you hope to get out of this experience and why do you do it also if you had any troubles or problems in reality did lucid dreaming help you solve them or help you with them

ColdPenguin

Postby ColdPenguin » 31 Jan 2017 16:06

Does one really need a reason to want perfect freedom and fulfill any wish they have? That's why I want to master lucid dreaming. I want to take it as far as possible. Ideally, having hour or longer lucid dreams every single night.

I've only had 3 so far. One lasted around 10-15 minutes; the others have lasted only seconds. Honestly, it's getting frustrating, as I've put so much effort into it for 2 months. Very disheartening to put so much effort in and get so little back.

I don't remember how I learned of lucid dreaming the first time. But I did a few years ago, but I thought it was way too magical thinking type of thing to be for real. Too good to be true. "You can do anything you want in dreams. You can control dreams and be, do, have anything you want." Sounded way too good to be true. I didn't even bother looking for evidence, because I thought the idea was too outlandish. But, I practiced anyway, halfheartedly, not really believing it was possible.

Then, I stumbled across a BigThink video on youtube with Michio Kaku a year or two later, where he stated a German institute had proved lucid dreaming. I was unaware there was other scientific evidence to lucid dreaming even a few decades ago. But, when I found out, I knew that's what I wanted more than anything in the world. Perfect freedom. It is such a massive thing. You know the saying, "The only liberty is in death?" It turns that on its head. Transcendent. The perfect escape. The nearly perfect world.

Perhaps I will use it at some point to further myself. To learn about my unconscious and motivators and desires and such. But for now, I just want to use it as a platform for wish fulfillment and enjoyment. Freedom.

GwenDR

Postby GwenDR » 31 Jan 2017 23:53

I don't know if you're still interested in answers for your project, but I thought I'd answer just in case.

I lucid dream on my own, without using any deliberate techniques, but only occasionally, maybe once ever month or two. At least, that I remember. My experience was shaped in part by my response to a mental condition I didn't even know I had until recently. I was the imaginative kid. I loved thinking about unusual scenarios as a kid. Playing the sorts of informal role playing games that kids do, and grew into games like D&D. I always had my nose in a book, and love reading about different stories. But it always felt kind of insufficient, and I wanted to do something I had no idea that others took for granted: I wanted to be able to see and experience these imaginative scenarios. You see, I do not have visualization. I have no mental imagery in my brain. When I imagine doing something, such as shooting a basketball through a hoop or slaying a dragon, I do not have any mental sensory component that accompanies it. And I always wanted to, while having no idea that others could.

I became very interested in dreams as a child, for this reason. I couldn't see my favorite characters in the book I was reading, but sometimes I could dream about them and I got to live in the world and meet the characters for a bit. I spent a lot of time trying to fall asleep straight into a dream while remaining conscious, but only managed to do that a few times. In general, if I had a lucid dream, it was random.

Having recently learned that all this time, other people do what I always wanted to, I got interested in sleep and dreams again, and am actually curious if I could learn some of the techniques that people use to LD deliberately. In that sense, I'm a complete novice, and haven't managed to do something as basic as a dream journal. I'd like to become good enough that I have lucid dreams more often, and have better control over them, but am not too worried about where I wind up.

Hope this was helpful for you.

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 01 Feb 2017 13:28

penny pose wrote:sean your posts are very intresting and insightful . I would like to know what do you hope to get out of this experience and why do you do it also if you had any troubles or problems in reality did lucid dreaming help you solve them or help you with them

What do I hope to get out of lucid dreaming? Mostly pleasure. Lucid dreaming can be like a short very exciting vacation. Once I master achieving lucidity and extending the dreams, I can experience almost anything I can imagine. When I wake from lucid dreams I feel exhilarated. I add experiences to my life and create wonderful memories.

So far I have not had any real life problems which have been solved with lucid dreaming. However, I can see the possibility in the future. As I get older I may lose my ability to do things which I enjoy, which I could recapture in my dreams. Some examples would be: Being able to do physical feats like running and jumping, or having sex. Also, at some point in time when a close loved one dies I can still see him/her and give that person a hug and speak with that person. This would be very helpful to get through the mourning processes.

I hope this helps.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

kengendream

Postby kengendream » 02 Feb 2017 17:43

Hi,

Regarding dreams iam getting in night which I can remember and when I close my eyes. most of this are color images which iam able to remember and I can paint. one more advantage of my pictures are if given some image I can imagine and It will appear when I close my
eyes and I can transform which ever you want. I can send more if need. the attached is the rough image

Thanks
Nagesh Nalla
+919652174709
Attachments
FreshPaint-5-2017.02.02-08.33.51.jpg
FreshPaint-5-2017.02.02-08.33.51.jpg (151.33 KiB) Viewed 544 times

penny pose

Postby penny pose » 11 Jun 2017 23:20

kengendream wrote:Hi,

Regarding dreams iam getting in night which I can remember and when I close my eyes. most of this are color images which iam able to remember and I can paint. one more advantage of my pictures are if given some image I can imagine and It will appear when I close my
eyes and I can transform which ever you want. I can send more if need. the attached is the rough image

Thanks
Nagesh Nalla
+919652174709

Hi Nagesh,

I found this post interesting are you saying that you can remember you lucid dream more clearly than your normal dreams do you think you could re create it in real life as with normal dreams you are likely to forget it as soon as you wake up. Also do you feel that you are exhausted after lucid dreaming and even more tired.

penny pose

Postby penny pose » 11 Jun 2017 23:26

GwenDR wrote:I don't know if you're still interested in answers for your project, but I thought I'd answer just in case.

I lucid dream on my own, without using any deliberate techniques, but only occasionally, maybe once ever month or two. At least, that I remember. My experience was shaped in part by my response to a mental condition I didn't even know I had until recently. I was the imaginative kid. I loved thinking about unusual scenarios as a kid. Playing the sorts of informal role playing games that kids do, and grew into games like D&D. I always had my nose in a book, and love reading about different stories. But it always felt kind of insufficient, and I wanted to do something I had no idea that others took for granted: I wanted to be able to see and experience these imaginative scenarios. You see, I do not have visualization. I have no mental imagery in my brain. When I imagine doing something, such as shooting a basketball through a hoop or slaying a dragon, I do not have any mental sensory component that accompanies it. And I always wanted to, while having no idea that others could.

I became very interested in dreams as a child, for this reason. I couldn't see my favorite characters in the book I was reading, but sometimes I could dream about them and I got to live in the world and meet the characters for a bit. I spent a lot of time trying to fall asleep straight into a dream while remaining conscious, but only managed to do that a few times. In general, if I had a lucid dream, it was random.

Having recently learned that all this time, other people do what I always wanted to, I got interested in sleep and dreams again, and am actually curious if I could learn some of the techniques that people use to LD deliberately. In that sense, I'm a complete novice, and haven't managed to do something as basic as a dream journal. I'd like to become good enough that I have lucid dreams more often, and have better control over them, but am not too worried about where I wind up.

Hope this was helpful for you.

Thank you this was very helpful. The main part of my project is to encourage people to lucid dream. and how it could be used as a way to tackle mental health issues. If you do not mind I would like to know a bit more about your mental illness also if it's okay I would like to use your story for my project for that I would need your permission and your name or a screen name so I could include you in my bibliography. You can say no but it would be much appreciated.

penny pose

Postby penny pose » 11 Jun 2017 23:33

I have wrote an introduction to my project I would like some criticism and helpful inputs and things that I could put in it which could improve it I post it here ...

Do you ever wish to fly, walk through fire or jump of a cliff or do all three and survive? Well I’m sorry to say the reality of all this is that it’s impossible to this. Some people would say sarcastically ‘in your dreams’ if you tell them you’re going to fly. Well you can tell them ‘yes I will fly in my dreams.’ As you can train yourself to lucid dream.
Lucid dreaming is the ability to consciously control and observe your dreams. It’s the state when you are dreaming whilst being aware that you are dreaming. It’s been said that having the ability to lucid dream is like living in your own world or an alternate reality which is ironically unconceivable. Who does not want to make their own world whilst doing the one thing everyone loves doing, sleeping?
Lucid dreaming is not only a luxurious experience but there are studies and ongoing developments on how the ability to lucid dream can help people with mental disorders such as anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder. In this essay, I, will be talking about how everyone should learn and be able to lucid dream as it will make everyone happier which would result in a better world where everyone gets along.
Lucid mean easy to understand or clear. This whole process of lucid dreaming might seem hard to understand but like the definition of the term lucid it’s not. The mere beginning of lucid dreaming is to control your dreams and be aware that’s it is going on. It is very easy to get into it but you really must be passionate about it and believe that you can do it. According to a German study 51 percent of people have experienced a lucid dream at least once in their life time without knowing they had one. So, lucid dreaming is practically effortless. Also, people who have deliberately had a lucid dream claimed it was a life changing experience as they could do things they could never do in waking reality, they have also claimed to realize the great benefits of lucid dreaming as they have seen an increase in happiness and optimism around them which concluding them to become a better person.
Lucid dreaming may sound superficial as anyone could claim to have had a lucid dream but there have been some scientific research and studies to support lucid dreaming. But before you know how lucid dreaming works you need to know how normal dreams work. There are five stages of sleep we experience. The first stage is a light sleep when you have just closed your eyes, at this stage it’s easy to be woken up from. The second stage is a deeper sleep where you are more relaxed as your breathing pattern and heart rate has decreased a little. Stage three and four you enter a deep sleep where brain produces delta brain waves. Brain waves is the combination of synchronized electrical activity in the brain, delta brain waves is the slowest brain waves which happens in relaxed situations like sleeping. So now you are about 90 minutes into sleeping and you have just experienced stages 1,2,3 and 4 now after all that suspense at stage 5 is where the dreaming begins. At stage 5 you go into something called REM sleeping. REM also known as rapid eye movement occurs when your dreaming. You know when you sometimes see someone sleep and you can see their eyes rolling under their eyelids they are dreaming they are undergoing REM sleep. Now let’s link this to lucid dreaming. In a recent study some lucid dreaming volunteers were hooked up to a machine called electroencephalograms (EEG) which shows your electrical brain activity basically showing you how fast or slow your brain waves are going on a screen. Remember the slow brain waves mean that the person has just fallen asleep a rapid increase in brain waves mean it’s time to dream where you go into REM sleep territory. Before the volunteers where asleep they were told when they were in their dream and realized they were dreaming signal with their eyelids. This proved successful as the volunteers did signal with their eyelids proving that they actually had consciousness in their dream. Now that you know that lucid dreaming is in fact real and not just something made up by a bunch of attention seekers we can go back to why lucid dreaming is simply remarkable.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”