LUCID DREAMERS WANTED

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
penny pose
Posts: 9
Joined: 06 Jan 2017 00:35

Re: LUCID DREAMERS WANTED

Postby penny pose » 11 Jun 2017 23:38

ColdPenguin wrote:Does one really need a reason to want perfect freedom and fulfill any wish they have? That's why I want to master lucid dreaming. I want to take it as far as possible. Ideally, having hour or longer lucid dreams every single night.

I've only had 3 so far. One lasted around 10-15 minutes; the others have lasted only seconds. Honestly, it's getting frustrating, as I've put so much effort into it for 2 months. Very disheartening to put so much effort in and get so little back.

I don't remember how I learned of lucid dreaming the first time. But I did a few years ago, but I thought it was way too magical thinking type of thing to be for real. Too good to be true. "You can do anything you want in dreams. You can control dreams and be, do, have anything you want." Sounded way too good to be true. I didn't even bother looking for evidence, because I thought the idea was too outlandish. But, I practiced anyway, halfheartedly, not really believing it was possible.

Then, I stumbled across a BigThink video on youtube with Michio Kaku a year or two later, where he stated a German institute had proved lucid dreaming. I was unaware there was other scientific evidence to lucid dreaming even a few decades ago. But, when I found out, I knew that's what I wanted more than anything in the world. Perfect freedom. It is such a massive thing. You know the saying, "The only liberty is in death?" It turns that on its head. Transcendent. The perfect escape. The nearly perfect world.

Perhaps I will use it at some point to further myself. To learn about my unconscious and motivators and desires and such. But for now, I just want to use it as a platform for wish fulfillment and enjoyment. Freedom.


Can you please direct me to the scientific evidence you found is it only the German institute or is there more. Also do you feel when you have lucid dreamed that you are more tired when you wake up like is it draining. Thank you for the reply really helpful I liked your quotes do you mind if I use them for my project.

penny pose
Posts: 9
Joined: 06 Jan 2017 00:35

Re: LUCID DREAMERS WANTED

Postby penny pose » 11 Jun 2017 23:42

Sean Jacobs wrote:
penny pose wrote:sean your posts are very intresting and insightful . I would like to know what do you hope to get out of this experience and why do you do it also if you had any troubles or problems in reality did lucid dreaming help you solve them or help you with them


What do I hope to get out of lucid dreaming? Mostly pleasure. Lucid dreaming can be like a short very exciting vacation. Once I master achieving lucidity and extending the dreams, I can experience almost anything I can imagine. When I wake from lucid dreams I feel exhilarated. I add experiences to my life and create wonderful memories.

So far I have not had any real life problems which have been solved with lucid dreaming. However, I can see the possibility in the future. As I get older I may lose my ability to do things which I enjoy, which I could recapture in my dreams. Some examples would be: Being able to do physical feats like running and jumping, or having sex. Also, at some point in time when a close loved one dies I can still see him/her and give that person a hug and speak with that person. This would be very helpful to get through the mourning processes.

I hope this helps.

HI sean,

do you feel that lucid dreaming can help with people with mental conditions. Also i have written my introduction below somewhere I would really like your opinion as you seem to have a lots of experience in this area

Nickfan40
Posts: 194
Joined: 17 Aug 2014 03:08

Re: LUCID DREAMERS WANTED

Postby Nickfan40 » 13 Jun 2017 00:52

I have several dreams on this site, too. Sometimes I don't have to do anything to have a lucid dream, but I used to use a Novadreamer with relaxation and brainwave cds.

penny pose
Posts: 9
Joined: 06 Jan 2017 00:35

Re: LUCID DREAMERS WANTED

Postby penny pose » 13 Jun 2017 20:42

Nickfan40 wrote:I have several dreams on this site, too. Sometimes I don't have to do anything to have a lucid dream, but I used to use a Novadreamer with relaxation and brainwave cds.


did you acquire the ability to lucid dream without tring or would you say its a natural thing that just came to you. Also how would one wake up from a lucid dream or do you think you can lucid dream for any period of time according to your taste so you can choose to wake up whenever you want to.

ColdPenguin
Posts: 14
Joined: 12 Dec 2016 14:09

Re: LUCID DREAMERS WANTED

Postby ColdPenguin » 27 Jun 2017 00:21

penny pose wrote:Can you please direct me to the scientific evidence you found is it only the German institute or is there more. Also do you feel when you have lucid dreamed that you are more tired when you wake up like is it draining. Thank you for the reply really helpful I liked your quotes do you mind if I use them for my project.


It's online. A google search and you can find it. Or the Michiu Kaku youtube video. I'm too lazy and short on time to do the research for ya, unfortunately. There is a lot more evidence than just that, yes. Lucid dreaming was scientifically proved in the 70s. LaBerge and his Lucidity Institute have evidence, I believe.

No. I don't feel more tired when I wake up after having had a lucid dream. It's still REM sleep. No. I don't mind if you use the quotes. :) Sorry I couldn't direct you more efficiently to the evidence. But, it exists, for sure.

Thelifebeyond
Posts: 2
Joined: 05 Jul 2017 09:22

Re: LUCID DREAMERS WANTED

Postby Thelifebeyond » 05 Jul 2017 09:39

Extended project for what? For who? What are you doing with people's information?
Normally when someone is conducting valid research they identify who they are and the institutions that are working with

Kehoe33
Posts: 3
Joined: 31 Jul 2017 01:08

Re: LUCID DREAMERS WANTED

Postby Kehoe33 » 31 Jul 2017 01:26

Hi there, I'm new here and I'd love to share some of my dreams with you. My dreams have been vivid since as far back as I can remember and it didn't take me long to learn how to both navigate and control them. It has something that has always been very natural to me, so I have no training tips but I do have many experiences I'd love to share with you. You could send me an email whenever you like, or reply to my post.


Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest