Was this realer than real dream my father saying goodbye?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
roseofconcrete

Was this realer than real dream my father saying goodbye?

Postby roseofconcrete » 29 Jan 2017 04:34

It's been almost 4 years since I lost my dad but I remember it like it was yesterday. Months before his passing, I endured a nasty battle for guardianship over my dad who was elderly and sick in a nursing home. It was a huge train wreck and a freak show that I don't feel like talking about in detail at the moment, but I recall distinctly, I will never forget a REALER than real dream I had for the first time in my life. I was in my mid twenties at the time.

I did not pay attention to it initially, but I did freak out a bit when weeks before he went, I slept in my dad's bed at home and he woke me up. He was very young, handsome, and happy. He specifically told me that he was going home and everything was going to be ok. I was moreso shocked at the vividness because it felt real but when I woke up I remembered that he was old, couldn't walk, or talk. He was bed ridden I put my whole life in hold and tried to save him.

The irony in this all is that I was never close to my father. Most of my life I disliked him and deeply misunderstood him, as most people "close" to him did. But yeah, a few weeks before he went, I disregarded the dream, and in a flash he was gone, despite all the effort and hope I had to save his life. He was being abused in a nursing home and when I blew the whistle, they tried getting rid of him faster and sweeping this all under the rug.

As for my family, I also warned them, and sought support. They completely ignored me and weeks later had a funeral and chastised me for not coming when there shouldn't have been a funeral in the first place. But I did learn to let go because I feel everything happens the way it should even if we don't understand the reason.

After this experience, I have had several lucid dreams unintentionally that displayed a lot of symbolism based on what I was going throufh and came true shortly after. I wanted to know if other people have these dreams regularly? I am both frightened and intrigued by the spirit realm. I think it would be great to intentionally induce lucid dreaming.

That was my first one and I'll never forget. I constantly wonder if that was a coincidence or if it was something paranormal beyond my understanding. Your input would greatly be appreciated.

DreamerMan99

Re: Was this realer than real dream my father saying goodbye?

Postby DreamerMan99 » 14 Mar 2017 01:25

Lucid dreaming is a great way to work through deep internalized and bottled up emotions. Personally, I do not believe in a spirit realm, but what difference does that make? The effect of working through traumatic experiences is still just as real.

Many times in my lucid dreams I have shouted up into the sky about my deepest issues and I heard my conscious answer back. Things have been revealed to me that have gotten me through lots of stressful moments. If lucid dreaming helps you, good.
Good luck,
Dream on.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 14 Mar 2017 02:44

I have had lucid dreams about saying goodbye to relatives before as well. So I completely understand when you said your father was young, handsome and full of life.

When I was a teenager in high school, for some odd reason, I ended up having a WILD while still awake and moving while I was in the middle of a class, I just started flying towards the ceiling. I was dressed in a white robe and a blue sash, and flew right through that ceiling, seeing the inside of what the ceiling looked like, and went through the roof. Seeing an aerial perspective of the roof was awesome. Then I wonder why I ended up flying in a dream above the roof to begin with, and I see my uncle in my lucid dream. He is a young adult, full of life, and has 2 arms (in real life, he was in horrible health at the hospital, and I confirmation biased his young adult appearance). We then start talking with each other, and I enjoy my conversation with him. I was in a bit of concern I told him, because back then I thought there was something weird with my dreams (my WILDs I started inducing were behaving differently than with what I grew up with when I was a child, and I had some concerns at first), but he assured me nothing was wrong with them, I would be fine. I then realized I was missing class back in real life, and told my uncle I had to return to class, saying goodbye, not realizing I was really saying goodbye to my uncle through my lucid dream itself. Then I flew back to class and to my seat, and woke myself up from my lucid dream. The teacher thought I had fainted on them.
I learned I really was saying goodbye through my lucid dream during that time. When you get to see your family members young, handsome, and not disabled in a dream or a lucid dream and you get to have a nice conversation with them, it makes remembering those family members in much lighter thoughts so much easier. While most of my family will probably remember some of the family members in some horrible way, because I can lucid dream about them in their young adult appearances, I see it from a much more positive and friendly perspective. Don't think about your father for who he was previously, why not think about that happy dream you had of him when he was young and handsome.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Kosky33

Postby Kosky33 » 04 Apr 2017 21:46

Although are dreams differ in many way, youre experience touched me deeply. I had read it earlier & wondered it it was appropriate to comment but here it goes. Im 33 now and had a friend whom I I was close with since the age of twelve. Ive always considered here my best friend & was deeply in love her. Id never had a friend like her who was so full of brightness, love, humor, & happiness. Just being around her gave off a light & happiness that spread to everyone. Unfortunately she had made attempts to express her feelings for me also but the timing was never right due to who I was dating at the time or her. Countless nights we'd stay up til daylight just talking about life, love,& happiness. Then one day she met a guy who found her at a vulnerable point in life & exploited, controlled her, and turned her on to drugs as alot of lowlife guys do with vulnerable girls who are much younger than them. He isolated her from friends & family & the depression set in. Not long after she took her life, leaving a hole in all our lives, one I can never fill. If thought about her every day since then & missed her. But years later I dreamed she came to me & we talked just like those late nite to morning talks & ive never felt more peaceful. And she kissed me & told me she had always loved me just like when she had once told me in real life that she had always had feelings for me but didnt think I felt the same because she was my friends younger sister. But in the dream her face was beautiful just like I remembered before she had talking her life & could only viewed closed casket. Instead she was beautiful as I had always remembered, inside & out. This was one of many many trauma & tragedies in my life & And it helps whether it was real or just subconscious to let me know shes there for me.

Price

Postby Price » 06 Apr 2017 07:35

I have had many moving and powerful dreams about people who have passed. What is most important is how powerful they are and how healing. What is an afterlife and a spirit anyway. We talk about these things like we know what they are. We don't.

I once had a dream that my high school friend who died showed up at my place for a visit. 15 years had passed since his death. We went out partying and had so much fun. I woke up the next day and went on facebook to share the dream with his mom who is still alive. I was shocked to find out that it would have been his birthday on the day I had that dream.

When my father died he has shown up a couple of times in my dreams. He died of alcohol and when I saw him I asked him how he was doing. He told me that he found a coach and was doing great. In the waking world I sometimes talk to him. One night he came to my bedroom and we talked and talk. I knew he was dead. At the end we hugged, and I told him that I never felt so close to him when he was alive as I did now that he passed. (Kind of messed up, but true) It was a powerful dream.

My last dream was happened when I was taking a quick nap. The door to my bedroom opened and I could see the light change through my closed eye lids. My dead dog came running into the room and up on the bed. I petted him and it felt so good. I heard a woman's voice in the other room call my dog back and he left. It was so wonderful to be with my dog again.

The lucidness, and the realness makes me believe that it is these dearly beloved people, and more than just a simple dream. I think it is a connection to something bigger. I think you should cherish your dreams and don't let people talk the special meaning out of it.

Before my grandfather passed away. He had brain injury and wasn't fully there, but I had a dream where he came to me, fully lucid and let me know it was time for him to go. Then he passed. So we can be visited by people even when they are still alive.

Kosky33

Postby Kosky33 » 08 Apr 2017 13:16

I totally agree & believe there are more to these dreams that meet the eye. Ive also dreamed of my grandmother & she was still her old feisty Italian self. I just wish that these dreams were more frequent because I miss these people more than anybody could ever know especially my friend who'd taken her life. Just being around her made me happy & I got that same feeling from her in the dream.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”