My Dream Teacher Heals Me

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Price

My Dream Teacher Heals Me

Postby Price » 14 Feb 2017 06:43

This is the second dream that I had with my Dream Teacher.

I became aware DILD in a buy city street. I started to call out to my dream teacher. "Teacher, Teacher!". I only see crowds of people, but then I notice smoke rising up over peoples heads. The smoke goes up, spirals around and drops back down in the crowd. I realize that this must be my dream teacher. I rush over to that direction.

I meet a man with big black glasses one. This is how I know he is my dream teacher, but he looks completely different from the last dream that I saw him in. The only similarity is the glasses. This man is definitely Native American and is smoking a pipe (my adult self cringes at how cliche this is) The dream teacher inhales the smoke from the pipe, blows it out and up in the air. I goes up and spirals down and goes back into the pipe. it is making a infinity spiral in the air, every time the pipe and the lips of the teacher come together.

I ask my teacher, "Can you tell me my future?" The teacher looks a me and is really confused. "What is future?" he asks. I try to explain the progression of time, but he doesn't believe me or understand. I get the sense that he doesn't experience time the same way that I do. He says "There is no future".

Umm, so I think of another questions. "Can you heal me?" I ask. This he can do. We are in a crowded street, like in New York, but in the middle of this sidwalk there is a Sweat Lodge (once again my adult self cringes). He takes me into the lodge and the walks are covered in mushrooms. He takes one muchroom and picks it and says "This is Rosemary" he takes another mushroom and he says "This is Thyme" he goes around at all of these mushrooms and they all have names of cooking herbs. He picks one mushroom and puts it into my hand. I close my hand around it.

As I close my hand around the mushroom. The lodge is now my heart. There is a drum beat, but it is the beating of my heart. Thump Thump...Thump Thump..... The lodge goes dark. I am in darkness and only hear the heart beat. The heart beat has pressure in it. I can feel the squeezing and expansion and it makes my ears pop. My whole body is beating.

Memories appeared. Full immersion memories. Memories I had forgotten. Memories that at the time, I did not feel sad in, but now the emotional impact of the memories hit me hard. My dream self didn't exist in these memories, but I could feel the tears coming down my cheeks, the tightness of my throat as I watched.

I had enough and I wanted it to stop. I couldn't take any more of these sad memories. I turned away...and I couldn't breath. I struggled to wake up, and I couldn't breath. I fought with all of my strength and I couldn't wake up, and I couldn't breath. Finally I turned back to the memories and I could breath again, but I was faced with these horrific memories. I started to sob again and gasp for air and I watched memories move before me. I would again not be able to take it and try to turn away, but every time I did I would not be able to breath. Eventually I would let my self go back to the memories to get some air, but the sobbing would make it hard to breath.

It went on like this for what seemed like forever. Stuck between a rock and a hard place. Damned if I did and Damned if I didn't. Eventually the memories ended and I woke up.

Interpretation: (I'm leaving out the details because they are personal)

I believe the healing worked like this. I was reliving memories, where the emotional impact was suppressed. Where I had normalized the situations, because everyone else had, but these events and memories were terrible and sad. So I finally was letting the emotions come out. In doing so, I was feeling the emotions and re-calibrating a more healthy emotional experience, not so repressed. Also the dream gave me a different viewpoint from the viewpoint that I was holding on to. So I woke up with a very different understanding of the world then the one I went to bed with.

Sean Jacobs

Re: My Dream Teacher Heals Me

Postby Sean Jacobs » 14 Feb 2017 13:32

Wow! You have very deep lucid dreams Price.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Nickfan40

Postby Nickfan40 » 15 Feb 2017 17:12

My dream teacher was either Dr. MCcoy or Deforest Kelley. If you google the phrases, "Dr. MCcoy dreams" or "Deforest Kelley dreams", it will lead you to the dreams on this site.

RainDanceSpirit

Postby RainDanceSpirit » 25 Apr 2017 04:24

Wow! This is certainly another way of healing old memories, it's very interesting though perhaps a bit more harsh than the method I experienced. Still it seems it was what you needed, thank you for sharing :)
Profile pic is edited art by Kim McElroy.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”