First Out Of Body/Lucid Dream Experience

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Transcending.

First Out Of Body/Lucid Dream Experience

Postby Transcending. » 28 Feb 2017 16:52

Since school has started again :? , I haven't had a lucid dream in months until this morning. Last night, I was watching season two of prison break. I started to feel sleepy and while I was laying on my back I dropped my phone on the bed, and closed my eyes. For some strange reason, probably because the episode was still playing on my phone and I had my headphones in, I was half awoke/half asleep. When I closed my eyes, I started to imagine talking to a person, and at the same time I still heard the episode playing. After a while I was in the dream scene talking to one of my friends, but after a while I fell asleep for real. I woke up to use the bathroom and when I was walking back to my bedroom, I switched on the hallway light and went in my room. While I was laying down, I started to think about something that happened yesterday, and when I checked the time on my phone I saw 3:33. Anyways, I went back to sleep. Now this is where something strange happens. I'm laying down in my bed and I heard my grandmother screaming out my name loud, as if she was mad at me. Then I thought to myself, this can't be real. Then I said to myself,"I have to be dreaming''. I immediately tried to get out of bed, and when I did, I left my body. Btw, I sleep on the bottom bunk of my bunk bed, and I when I grabbed the iron thingy under the first bunk I looked at my hands, and they were shadowy.(Like How a ghost hand would look) As I was trying to get up, my body felt extremely heavy and it was hard to move, and when I was observing my bunk bed I saw one of my friend's name highlighted in blue writing, and I woke up.
LD #26 I think, I haven't had one in months so my memory is a bit off.
First one for 2017
;)

Transcending.

Re: First Out Of Body/Lucid Dream Experience

Postby Transcending. » 28 Feb 2017 16:57

Actually its LD #28

Transcending.

Postby Transcending. » 28 Feb 2017 16:58

Its been 4 months before this morning.
Damn, thats long

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 28 Feb 2017 17:04

Congrats on the lucid dream, sounds like to me like you had slight amount of sleep paralysis while in your lucid dream as well, and it's excellent that you were able to recognize the reality checks during your dream, so that in the future when this happens again, you will be able to recognize the lucid dream when it happens. One thing I might recommend for when this happens again, is trying to concentrate, and either try to consciously change the scenery so you end up somewhere more welcoming in your lucid dream, or try to get yourself up off the bed and try to fly off to somewhere else, both are things I have tried when I have induced WILDs before.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 28 Feb 2017 17:52

Congrats on your LD Transcending! I hope it lead to many more in the near future.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

MysticalMeadows

Postby MysticalMeadows » 09 Mar 2017 21:00

Very interesting. I wonder if it was an OBE or LD. I'm not sure if I really believe in Out-of-Body-Experiences, but it's still very interesting. :) Just out of curiosity, do you believe in OBEs or do you think that they're just LDs that start from leaving your body?

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 10 Mar 2017 02:32

He said it was a lucid dream, so it was clearly a lucid dream.
I don't know why some users get obsessed with this whole turning into a ghost thing. I like to call it creepypasta.
Lucid dreaming for most beginners and users is a safer and more preferred route.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 10 Mar 2017 13:26

Transcending. wrote:Last night, I was watching season two of prison break.

I love Prison Break! How far have you got with the second season? You know they'll be working with T-Bag, right? :D

Now this is where something strange happens. I'm laying down in my bed and I heard my grandmother screaming out my name loud, as if she was mad at me. Then I thought to myself, this can't be real. Then I said to myself,"I have to be dreaming''. I immediately tried to get out of bed, and when I did, I left my body. Btw, I sleep on the bottom bunk of my bunk bed, and I when I grabbed the iron thingy under the first bunk I looked at my hands, and they were shadowy.(Like How a ghost hand would look) As I was trying to get up, my body felt extremely heavy and it was hard to move, and when I was observing my bunk bed I saw one of my friend's name highlighted in blue writing, and I woke up.

Shadowy hands! I've had a similar experience before. The lucid dream state can provide the illusion that you are separating from your body as a ghost. But such things, of course, are not real and therefore nothing ever leaves the physical body. You are your brain. Pure and simple. Physicalism rules, baby! 8-)

A long time ago on the now defunct Astral Viewers, there was a pathetically conceited individual who went by the name of Bedeekin. He would be telling you right now that you started out by having a 1st phase OOBE---a separation into the real world aka Robert Bruce's real-time zone projection. A load of cobblers for sure. These New Age types tend to tell you that it is very hard for your ghostly form to remain in the physical world as it has a tendency to slip into the astral planes. Bedeekin's 2nd phase OOBE otherwise known as 'astral projection'. Bollocks! :mrgreen:

Let's stop here so we don't give lucide there the phasmophobic jim-jams. :D
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 10 Mar 2017 17:25

It sounds like phasing into a lucid dream to me, with little to no control. I could be wrong in what I am saying.
I've had WILDs before where my awareness was perfectly capable of staying in what appears to be reality. I am even capable of reading notes and the board. I don't know what this ghost has to phase into the afterlife thing is about. If the user is aware and in complete control of their lucid dream, that doesn't have to happen. My lucid dream friends as well, they were aware and complete control of their lucid dreams, and could easily hang around in what appeared to be an accurate version of reality. They were also completely capable of reading and telling accurate time like I was. We all managed to pull off meshing with each other. All of agreed that we felt so full of life in our lucid dreams, and we had so much fun, trying to go to different places. We even flew into space, and discovered a planet made of diamond, the biggest diamond I had ever seen. One time while flying around in space, I flew into a black hole, played around inside of it for a while (the inside of one is just so amazing), and flew back out again. You can do so much while feeling so alive in a lucid dream. With enough skill, you can even attempt to mesh (program the dreams to be similar, this is a very tricky lucid dream technique) with a friend (I even had the luxury of having low probability conversations when I meshed with them). Why would you want to turn into a spooky ghost when lucid dreaming is just so much more fun and safer?
This is what my eyesight is like in some of my WILDs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI6UmO0ICG0 the parts in the video where it is complete color (full spectrum) mostly, and I can see all sorts of flashing colors in everything, except it gets even more complicated than this.

I know what happened to the website Bedeekin was running before, and I cannot help but feel bad for him. He more than likely got banned from the servers he was paying for and did not want to admit this. The same thing happened to me a while back when I tried to run my own website, but when I put too many of the lucid dreams I had when I was seeing an object, a place, or something currently happening (I had the gambler's fallacy on my side). Some people complained to the host I was on, and I was forced to take my website down because of it. I got banned from the service. You are probably not aware of this, but when you create a website, the people you sign a contract with can and will ban you if they really do not like what you are doing on their servers, even if you are paying them. In my opinion, unless someone is acting like a bully, no one really deserves to get kicked out of anything. Then again, websites, clubs, children, schools, religions, and even science all have their rules which exclude certain people out of their groups, just because they can get away with it. Even the rich, the middle class, and the lower class are often divided into groups in our society. the lower class and the disabled are sometimes even completely ignored or there being a strong stigma against in our society. Instead of flat out being mean to others you want to exclude from your group, maybe you could find ways to be nice to them without having to include them.

Transcending.

Postby Transcending. » 19 Mar 2017 21:41

Summerlander wrote:
Transcending. wrote:Last night, I was watching season two of prison break.

I love Prison Break! How far have you got with the second season? You know they'll be working with T-Bag, right? :D

Now this is where something strange happens. I'm laying down in my bed and I heard my grandmother screaming out my name loud, as if she was mad at me. Then I thought to myself, this can't be real. Then I said to myself,"I have to be dreaming''. I immediately tried to get out of bed, and when I did, I left my body. Btw, I sleep on the bottom bunk of my bunk bed, and I when I grabbed the iron thingy under the first bunk I looked at my hands, and they were shadowy.(Like How a ghost hand would look) As I was trying to get up, my body felt extremely heavy and it was hard to move, and when I was observing my bunk bed I saw one of my friend's name highlighted in blue writing, and I woke up.

Shadowy hands! I've had a similar experience before. The lucid dream state can provide the illusion that you are separating from your body as a ghost. But such things, of course, are not real and therefore nothing ever leaves the physical body. You are your brain. Pure and simple. Physicalism rules, baby! 8-)

A long time ago on the now defunct Astral Viewers, there was a pathetically conceited individual who went by the name of Bedeekin. He would be telling you right now that you started out by having a 1st phase OOBE---a separation into the real world aka Robert Bruce's real-time zone projection. A load of cobblers for sure. These New Age types tend to tell you that it is very hard for your ghostly form to remain in the physical world as it has a tendency to slip into the astral planes. Bedeekin's 2nd phase OOBE otherwise known as 'astral projection'. Bollocks! :mrgreen:

Let's stop here so we don't give lucide there the phasmophobic jim-jams. :D

I finished watching the entire series a couple weeks ago. :D
And Word :)
I can't wait until April 4th!!!!

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”