Never happened before....what's going on?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Tororo

Never happened before....what's going on?

Postby Tororo » 19 Mar 2017 09:59

I am 54 and have been Lucid dreaming for 18 years. Every single lucid dream has begun the same way. I wake up into what I understand would be a hypnagogic state, get a buzzy, dizzy, floating sensation and in slow motion, pour off the bed! I can then walk, float or fly out of the room into the dream.

This morning, however I woke into this hypnagogic state and waited for that dizzy, floating sensation. It started but stopped. I was however partly in a lucid dream with scenery appearing and me noting it and trying to work out what it may mean. I decided I would have to get myself out of the bed and perhaps this was a new stage in my lucid dreaming. I managed to get out of bed but had to be careful as too much effort and I would feel myself coming out of the dream.

I am now out of bed but crumpled in a heap on the floor. I am also a bit exasperated as well and I clearly recall thinking to myself:
"What the hell is the point in having a lucid dream if you can't bloody go anywhere!"

I try standing up but can only get halfway upright. I make one final push to stand up and as I do I am dragged back into consciousness. As I awake I realise I have been asleep in the foetal position and I am actually straightening my legs as I awake.

About 2 years ago I started, at the age of 52, to physically react to my normal dreams. Waking up mid punch or throwing a pillow across the room. I had never before done this. Is this physical reaction seeping into my lucid dreaming? I certainly don't want to start 'sleep walking' throwing myself out of my apartment window thinking I can fly!

lucidé

Re: Never happened before....what's going on?

Postby lucidé » 19 Mar 2017 21:51

That's pretty normal for dream body control in that form of WILD technique.There are I can guess several levels of dream control when it comes to controlling your dream body while inducing a WILD:
1- Paralyzed cannot move
2- Capable of moving a limb or the head
3- Your dream body can fly, but you have no control over it, and often you fall back down
4- You can move the dream body, but not very far as it is still too heavy
5-You begin to have some control over your dream body while walking or flying, but either you wake up fast or you get dragged back to bed to have complete control
6- The control becomes stable enough so you are no longer are forced awake.
7- You no longer fly randomly or feel paralyzed. You have the ability to command your dream body of what you want it to do.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Tororo

Postby Tororo » 20 Mar 2017 06:40

Thanks Lucide. However, up to only a few weeks ago, when I joined this site, I had never heard of WILD or MILD and have certainly never practised these techniques. If I am using them it is purely by chance/accident.

I started lucid dreaming 18 years ago, I didn't know it was even called 'lucid dreaming'. Everything I have done to continue this practice has been via trial and error, mostly error :!:

Also I don't like making things appear or disappear in my dreams. I prefer to treat the dream as an adventure and to work with whatever appears in that dream. If I wanted, for a simple example, to see an elephant, I will ask people if there are elephants around, a zoo or fly around looking for elephants. I thoroughly enjoy the decision making in my dreams, do I go over there, should I do that, what happens if I do this etc.

I also don't need to do any 'reality checks' I seem to naturally know when I am in a lucid dream. The one issue I continue to have is sustaining a lucid dream for a long time. I can though have back to back lucid dreams, my record so far being 8 on a roll.I

Anyways I enjoy your posts, not to sure I want to get to 'soiling myself' though :D

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 20 Mar 2017 16:53

Tororo wrote:
Anyways I enjoy your posts, not to sure I want to get to 'soiling myself' though :D

This mostly happens to teenage girls getting used to their anatomy (the posts I remarked on, I was a teenage girl) or if you having an NDE (if you stop breathing, your bowels and bladder will release everything) . I wouldn't worry that is unless you intentionally pee on something in your lucid dreams.
Personally, I was more worried at first when I had lucid dreams about things that were currently happening, thinking there was something wrong with me (it just seemed really weird that I managed to lucid dream the correct Pokémon card). Prior to then, I didn't ask or even mention my dreams, nor did I find out the term lucid dreaming from my sister despite the fact I was using the technique. I not only learned the term I needed, but learned somewhat about the laws of probability.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”