Super dream or NDEish experience?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
threepwood

Super dream or NDEish experience?

Postby threepwood » 22 Mar 2017 00:40

Hi there! I'd like to share one of if not the most beautiful and breathtaking experience of my life. It left such a mark on me spiritually. I'd like to start of by saying ever since the age of 18 (I'm 33 now) I've had hundreds of lucid dreams where I am in full control of what happens and also fully aware of me having one. In fact I have gotten so used to them I can even wake myself up on command. This one I'm about to share was different... It was much more "hyper realistic" and even involved smell, a sense I've never had in an LD before. It also brought a message to me. I guess you could call it a NDE without the dying part. I was however in critical condition lying in my city's ICU. This was in mid December 2016.
So it started out with me finding myself among what seemed like endless rolling hills full of green grass, flowers and trees. The colors were out of this world, just jaw dropping pretty. It also seemed like every straw of grass, every flower and tree and even the sun and it's rays were alive and intelligent, almost like they were dancing :D I don't know quite how else to describe it... I could feel the wind blowing and even smell the grass. After observing all of this I made my way down to the shore of a small lake and pretty soon thereafter I realized there was a bunch of people standing behind me so I turned around (I remember being so exited!) and asked "Where am I???"
Them : Oh we think you know...
Me: Am I dead?
Them: No...
Me: Is this what death is like?
Them: It's a part of it, yes
Me: Wow! But... This is crazy no one will ever believe me when I tell them about this!
Them: That's OK *my name* we just wanted to make sure you knew.
They always answered as one unit, like a choir, I found this very interesting.
After looking at them for a while we all started walking across the fields and every now and then I would turn back and ask them things like "Are you sure this is for real?" and I always got a very calm but reassuring "yes" back. After what seemed like an hour or so of walking I woke up and I was just at a loss for words on what had just happened! It was truly magical and felt so soothing. I'll be back tomorrow checking for answers and questions, thanks for reading and please share your thoughts on this!

lucidé

Re: Super dream or NDEish experience?

Postby lucidé » 22 Mar 2017 05:12

Sounds like what I like to call Area Y27 in my lucid dreams. Yes, I've been to that pretty place in my lucid dreams as have my lucid dream friends, and because it was a very common place we'd lucid dream about, we were even able to mesh when we had lucid dreams about it. We came up with the nickname Area Y27, just because some of the lucid dream locations we had lucid dreams about seemed almost like they came out of a Sci-fi movie. Like you said yourself, all my friends and I found the characters in that dream world to be some of the kindest and friendliest you will ever find. My lucid dream friends and I have seen more kindness and friendliness in the characters in Area Y27 than we usually have in real life.
As far as the characters answering in one unit, in a lucid dream, that's called telepathy. In many of my lucid dreams, I've found I don't need to speak to my characters to communicate with them.
Let me tell you something, lucid dreams are far better than real life for so many reasons, and Area Y27 is one of them. One of my favorite reasons however, has to be is that in a few of the rarest ones, there are some people who are completely free from their disabilities. For example my friend who had a mental disability, he was free from his disability
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

threepwood

Postby threepwood » 24 Apr 2017 23:41

Hi, thanks for your reply and sorry I haven't checked in sooner! I find your answer very interesting, especially the parts of telepathy and the lack of disability in this "area". You see I'm a left leg amputee and in all my dreams after I had the surgery something is always off with my legs, be it one missing or having more than 2 etc. In this one I shared here everything was fine with me physically :D

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 25 Apr 2017 00:04

I totally understand you with that one, because in real life or in a few other lucid dreams I have, I cannot control my emotions due to something being wrong with a chemical imbalance in my brain. It's been that way since I was a teenager, because I was bullied so badly in middle school. In very specific lucid dreams that I have, I don't have that problem at all, and it's always so amazing when I can make myself smile, laugh, or even cry on my own without my emotions doing that on their own randomly or suddenly snapping to an unwanted random emotion. I had a lucid dream friend who also didn't have a disability in his lucid dreams either when he didn't have it in real life. It was even more fun when we ended up dream meshing, and I saw through my lucid dreams what he looked like and talked like without his disability, and he saw through his lucid dreams what I behaved like when I had control over my emotions (low probability symbol matching with dream meshing is always fun).
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”