LD's and fatigue

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Philipaschmidt

LD's and fatigue

Postby Philipaschmidt » 25 Mar 2017 15:58

Hello,
I had an unlikely LD after 2 hours of sleep and after two days of less than 6 hours of sleep per night. My stated intentions that night were to remember my dreams but to just get a nice restful night of sleep which I really needed. Two hours later I enter an LD, (go figure, after I decide to not try and get sleep), but after recognizing I was dreaming (a metal box I was carrying turned into a large kids play toy that came to life and was squirming to get away from me), none of my commands were met, to fly to the beach, then to remove this person that was trying to get my attention, I even commanded for him to explode because nothing else seemed to work. I could tell my level of consciousness was higher than usual but not nearly as high as my first LD last year. Then I woke up...Do you think the lack of commands working was due to my lack of sleep? My first LD the commands worked beautifully. Can fatigue cause this?
It was definitely an LD. When I awoke, my eyes were going crazy under my eyelids, going up and down and side to side like I have never felt before, and my heart was racing....

Thank you...
Phil

lucidé

Re: LD's and fatigue

Postby lucidé » 25 Mar 2017 18:18

Fatigue shouldn't cause an effect on your lucid dreams in any way. If you are feeling fatigue before, during, or after your lucid dream, you might have low protein/iron levels that are causing this.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Philipaschmidt

Postby Philipaschmidt » 26 Mar 2017 14:52

Thanks Lucide,
I will look into that....

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 26 Mar 2017 22:57

Prolonged sleep deprivation can cause hallucinations.

It seems to me that even relatively short periods of insufficient sleep will interfere with natural sleep cycles, and this may sometimes increase the potential for having lucid dreams.

Also, when the sleeping body feels more fatigued than usual, then dreaming consciousness has less energy available to direct focus and intention during a lucid dream.

Philipaschmidt

Postby Philipaschmidt » 26 Mar 2017 23:08

Thanks Jasmine2!
That makes sense, it seemed like my intentions were just going nowhere, like my consciousness just couldn't do anything...

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”