Lucid dreams & more

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Kosky33

Lucid dreams & more

Postby Kosky33 » 02 Apr 2017 09:15

I came across this site after talking with my girlfriend about my dreams which piqued my interest on forced lucid dreams.Dreams have always been of significance to me even since I was young. Since childhood I've been plagued by vivid nightmares,night terrors,& sleep paralysis.Alot were dreams of demons,paralysis,& not being able to breathe & occured alot of times while seemingly awake.Not all have been bad though,I've had amazing dreams & a few lucid dreams.One particular dream I was flying,almost teleporting instantly like the movie jumpers from an ocean beach to a crowded city to mountains,it was absolutely amazing.Growing up having many nightmares I'd always bite my finger in dreams to see if I was awake which is probably why Ive been able to control myself.One dream from when I was young I'll never forget.I had a very vivid nightmare & had woken up.I then went on living my life until I was a grown man then died.After I died I woke up & realized it was all a dream.Ive had multiple dreams in dreams before but never where I went to sleep then woke up & continued this until I died.This seemed very real & seemed to last years.I know many will think im crazy but many of my dreams have also come true. These dreams are always very vivid & like watching a movie almost like watching from out of my body.Also when these come true I'm struck by overwhelming deja vu.When this happens I get very anxious & just want to get out of the place I'm at.Ive even told friends what was going to happen so now some think I'm psychic.I dont believe that but think that this is something that happens to us all but most people don't make the connection because they forget their dreams.Essentially that deja vu feeling that you've done this before is because you have in your dreams & you're now remembering it.This has happened so many times & I'm so convinced of this connection that years ago I started a journal of my dreams & instances of deja vu so I could cross reference & make the connection.Dreams are more significant than we know.

lucidé

Re: Lucid dreams & more

Postby lucidé » 02 Apr 2017 17:45

Deja Vu doesn't make you psychic I am sorry to say, but if you have dreamed about places that gave you a sense of familiarity, the I can certainly understand. Deja Vu if this is what is happening, is caused by gambler's luck, which if the odds are in your favor, you could even have a huge amount of it (saying that you cannot is called the gambler's fallacy).
I have had WILDs I have traits of dream spying before ( http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Dream_Scrying ). Dream spying works by seeing an event, place or object that is currently happening elsewhere while you are in a dream/lucid dream (no turning into a ghost required). In real life, this also requires the gambler's fallacy or the odds to work in your favor. In terms of understanding how it feels when, "Hey I know this place!" from a lucid dream, or seeing places or events that are currently happening, I've been there. As far as the not so pleasant ones when it comes to deja vu, precog, or dream spying ones are concerned, they aren't too much fun. Unfortunately, if the odds are in the user's favor, there isn't really much the user can do about it, other than sit back and watch things happen.
What I would recommend if you suffer from a string of gamblers luck like I often do (it's random if it is good or bad luck, and nothing says you cannot suffer from a luck streak of any kind), is just hang in there. Why not attempt while you are having the luck streak to try to find as many positive things to dream about while going through the luck streak? Even when I have traits of spying, I try to use controls to enjoy my lucid dream in as much of a positive way as I can, such as using flight to explore fun areas or looking at places that bring pleasure, such as Disneyland.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Kosky33

Postby Kosky33 » 02 Apr 2017 20:18

Hi, I had never said I was psychic.Quite the contrary. I actually said I didnt believe that & didnt want others to think I was saying that or trying to impress anyone. Some friends have thought I was psychic because ive told them everything that that was going to happen detail for detail before it happened from a new movie released in theaters to what my friends parents were going to be doing when we got back to his place,ect...& it wasnt a vague guess of something his parents do as ritual or pattern.Like I said I believe theres a pattern or connection between deja vu & dreams at least for me.Ive had deja vu way more than what is normal, sometimes multiple times a week.Many of my dreams have come true which coincided with deja vu in the future.So much that I wrote dreams & deja vu down to make connection to make sure I wasnt crazy.But I have others to confirm this, so its not in my head & you can read of many instances where this has happened even with famous, reputable, intellectual people.

Kosky33

Postby Kosky33 » 02 Apr 2017 20:41

Not that I want to disagree or argue,but these weren't just places of familiarity but events & details also.Maybe you are right & this is something far different from deja vu but Im thinking thus because im remembering the dreams so its reminding me of deja vu but it is accompanied with the aura of deja vu.I once watched super troopers with a friend before going to bed then had dreamed about all the actors from the movie but they were on an island trying to figure out the identity of a killer before he killed them.I had told my this & he said it was because we had just watched movie before sleeping. I totally forgot until a year later I went with a friend to theaters to see club dread featuring guys from super troopers.Five minutes in I remembered dream & told friend everything that would happen from plot twists to identify of killer.He was freaked out as was I.I had never seen movie, it had just been released.This has happened alot with many people to confirm though you are free to believe what you wish.As I said, Im not trying to impress anyone but thought I would share some of my more interesting dreams even if it is a little off subject.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 02 Apr 2017 21:28

....I am in the same boat as you sometimes (except rather than in the future or future, present day), so don't panic. I am not here to criticize you. I myself have had a really good number incidents of dream spying (this is why I keep most of my DJ entries hidden, I think many users would criticize me if they read some of my entries), and sure they may be lucky incidents, but it didn't stop the fact I sure had a good number of incidents, because like you, I thought I was completely going crazy back then as well. However, what you should realize and I realize this too, is improbability is not impossibility. Just like it is possible for a person to flip 100 tails in a row which I have done in the past (odds are 1 in 1,267,650,600,228,229,401,496,703,205,376), it can certainly be possible to have numerous deja vu or dream spying episodes in a row.

but these weren't just places of familiarity but events & details also

I think this sounds more like a precog dream, not deja vu (http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Precognitive_Dreaming). Dream spying also works in a similar way, but rather than being in the future, I see things as they are happening when it happens.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”