Dream Art Wanted!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Cosmos

Re: Dream Art Wanted!

Postby Cosmos » 14 Aug 2012 10:14

Black Mountain Woman Dreaming
Attachments
Black Mountain Woman Dreaming.jpg
Black Mountain Woman Dreaming.jpg (149.4 KiB) Viewed 5668 times

Cosmos

Postby Cosmos » 14 Aug 2012 10:24

Madonna of Aireys
Attachments
Madonna of Aireys.jpg
Madonna of Aireys.jpg (85.41 KiB) Viewed 5668 times

Cosmos

Postby Cosmos » 14 Aug 2012 10:59

The Emperor.

I was meditating on archetypes and fell asleep, this art is from the lucid dream I had. I am observing an alien anthropologist studying and reporting on exceptional subjects of human behaviour. In this case the alien describes The Emperor as a pivotal archetype of human behaviour and influence. He achieves his status by shrouding himself in an invented cult of mystery which is injected into the culture to integrate his position in popular mythology. The Emperor sometimes uses savage methods to prosecute resistance and generously rewards cooperation. After coercing key individuals he becomes an unchallengeable authority and is seen to have absolute power. He is not without his critics, but to some he is god-like and is worshiped, feared, and also loved. The Emperor is perceived as a caring and generous ruler who is also capable of delivering horrific episodes of punishment and cruelty. This assessment is part of an exceptional reporting series by the alien anthropologist on the human condition and includes other subject types.
Attachments
Subject IV The Emperor.jpg
Subject IV The Emperor.jpg (233.46 KiB) Viewed 5668 times

Cosmos

Postby Cosmos » 14 Aug 2012 11:22

The Back of Moggs Creek

It was with a whisper and a shiver the day I woke up
The wind marked the moment in my mind
without the wheel or the sword
I approached the dream on foot
Thinking of magic, kind

On a hill with an empty stare
I pondered the blue sea from Moggs to Lorne
A distant passion in my eye
The earth woman she speaks to me
and I know the reason why

The first clue is to feel out of place
Or that you have arrived
Just wake up and accept it’s an illusion
And your soul will survive

But service and works
Or just waiting around
I considered these a while
Be true to yourself first
Is your only obligation in any lifetime

Wake up, a simple start, a surprise
But don’t deny physical pleasures
On earth grounded Gods can die
We are all empty handed, alone on our hills
So accept your dawning, and let the clouds drift by and by

Jason, January 2005
Attachments
Moggs Creek to Lorne.jpg
Moggs Creek to Lorne.jpg (243.95 KiB) Viewed 5676 times

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 14 Aug 2012 22:38

Kemeny62 wrote:Summerlander. Thank you for your comments. "Dream Signs" was created for exactly the purpose you indicated. The main figure in the painting is on the verge of realizing that he must be dreaming. He is surrounded by "clues" that there is something amiss with his "reality". Some of the imagery in the painting is from my own experience with lucid dreaming. Thanks again for your interest!

You're welcome. I find your art inspiring and keep going. Please don't stop as we need people with your creativity and magic. 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

alteredstates

Postby alteredstates » 14 Aug 2012 22:56

how d'you guys make these images? d'you draw them and scan them or use photoshop or what

Cosmos

Postby Cosmos » 15 Aug 2012 05:25

Altered States,
I can only speak for my art. The some of my art are done with pastels on paper and then scanned in, and then I manipulate the colour, hue, saturation etc using Photoshop or other similar image manipulation programs like Paint Shop Pro. Sometimes I just use the simple photo editing suite that comes with the computer like Windows Live Photo Gallery, after scanning them in I just play around with the brightness, contrast, and colour until I get the effect I like, or I just click the auto adjust and/or noise reduction it does the trick. 'Madonna of Aireys' is a collage of photos that has been manipulated and retouched using PaintShop Pro. 'Subject 4: The Emperor' is also a collage of photos manipulated, enhanced and embellished using mainly PhotoShop. What I found with these programs is that each do some things better than others and each have tools that the other ones do not have. So to answer your question directly I have 'Photshoped' (a new verb) my art but I have probably used three or four photo/image manipulation programs. I have done other photo art using a very simple 'Paint' style program that I found on an old Windows 98 computer where I was staying at the time, and it was very effective producing a Warhol emulation portrait of my then girlfriend. Sometimes the simplest is just as good or better than the more expensive and 'complex' programs. Having said that there are some amazing pieces of art here in this forum that are simply done by hand no retouching, no manipulation and they are awesome!
Jason (Cosmos)

fistania

Postby fistania » 15 Aug 2012 09:14

hi everybody these are my dream-based art. so far i've made 3.
i'm extremely new at watercoloring so please pardon my lack of skill >_< and after i've just finished these 2, i read this thread. what a coincidence! :D

dj 28 12 11.jpg
"Lucid Healing", from dream journal 28/12/11
dj 28 12 11.jpg (41.41 KiB) Viewed 5650 times

Dream Journal 28/12/2011.
made with watercolor
this is from when i was trying to project healing energy for lucidly healing my eyes. it emits a glowing & transparent green energy. i've posted the thread here: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=851 (i failed that time though)

dj 12 02 12.png
"Wonderland Hall", from dream journal 12/02/2012
dj 12 02 12.png (253.99 KiB) Viewed 5653 times

Dream Journal 12/02/2012
made with watercolor
one of my favourite dream, because originally i was in some place like wonderland. i went to the right here. there were oysters, billy the lizard, caterpillar, etc. but this place was so pretty that it's the one i remembered the most

roof.JPG
"On The Roof", either when i was in elementary or middle school
roof.JPG (201.28 KiB) Viewed 5653 times

This was far before i learned about LD. about when i was elementary/middle school.
made with photoshop
I remember this dream well because before i went to the roof and saw this super amazing scenery, i met my favourite anime character :P
the sky was like this all around me :D

i'm going to do more :)

Name: Firda Istania
Url: fistania.deviantart.com / idkcanyouguess.tumblr.com

alteredstates

Postby alteredstates » 15 Aug 2012 15:46

ohh ok. Hopefully some kind of inspiration will come to me too and i can bust out the old tube paints i used in secondary school in GCSE ART ..and wet the paint brushes again and the mixing tray..but i obviously need a comfortable environment to work (like nature if its not raining.)

fistania

Postby fistania » 30 Aug 2012 16:02

one more :)

kindergarten-dream.jpg
"Childhood Dream" either when i was in kindergarten or elementary school
kindergarten-dream.jpg (116.36 KiB) Viewed 5579 times

One thing i notice about my dreams in my childhood is: they're colorful. the hue, saturation, exposure; the color was different. no matter if the dream supposed to be scary-themed (this one is), most of them were still much more colorful than the dreams i had after elementary school.

This was a recurring dream (3 days), that's why i still remember it clearly:
Me and my family were in a cemetery (still, colorful with butterflies!), and i heard that 2 local ghosts are causing panic. i panicked too. the cemetery was on a cliff, and i jumped/fell to the lake under. I opened my eyes under water and it was clear, everything glows down there (just like if you open your eyes in a pool), there were some rocks and four orange fishes. still underwater, i saw this girl (only lower half of her body is visible) with her red swimming suit, walking while holding her beach ball. Out the water, i looked up and my mom and sister were calling me. i looked around and the girl's not there. there was no way out so i just dunked again and she's still there, walking around. i did this a couple of times eventhough i kinda got scared, because i could only see her lower half underwater.
i forgot how the dream ends.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”