Help! I'm stuck in a dream loop!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
spirit_form

Help! I'm stuck in a dream loop!

Postby spirit_form » 10 Apr 2017 16:04

Hi Guys ,
This is my first post here, and sorry for bad English.
Last night I had a dream which is called "lucid dream" as I've searched in Google :|
Here's what was going on:
at first,, I was having dinner with my family + my grandfather + a few people I don't remember.
Then I started recognizing some weird things that didn't make sense , Then Finally the idea that maybe I'm in a dream came in to my mind . so I pushed my chair back and shouted "This is a dream isn't it?"
so everybody start looking at me and suddenly the scene changed, I was back in my bed and lights were turned off, I knew it is still a dream because I didn't turn off the lights that night, for a few seconds nothing happened, Then I heard someone's laughing at me, I couldn't see who. I got frightened , I tried to move my head but I couldn't Then Suddenly I woke up in my bed with lights turned on. at first I thought I was waken up in real life , but later I found out that I wasn't . it was another dream!
I got even more frightened So I tried to wake up , after lots of trying I woke up in my bed , but again I found out it was another dream. this kept going on for over twenty times.every time I woke up I started shouting and screaming , even in one of these loops after I woke up I went and woke my brother up in the other room and told him what's going on and he told me that I'm crazy, later in the dream I found out it was a dream too so Again I started shouting and jumping around.
Finally in last loop I saw a big giant robot in my room whom was trying to smash me,so finally I woke up in my real bed .
for 30s I couldn't realize That its real or not .
I haven't been able to sleep since that dream because I'm afraid loop start again :(
now two questions:
1.how Can I break the loop if it happen again
2.Was this a lucid dream or just A nightmare (I think I had control in the dream ,because I decided to wake up my bro in one of the loops)
plz answer thanks

bnp01

Re: Help! I'm stuck in a dream loop!

Postby bnp01 » 11 Apr 2017 01:32

Hmmm. I'm FAIRLY new to lucid dreaming(I've had maybe 10 total, been pursuing for 5 months about, know a lot), and I think the best thing for you to do is just relax and sleep again. The chances of something like that happening again is slim, but on the case it does, continue to tell yourself that you're dreaming and that nothing can harm you. Stop letting things make you scared, as it may trigger another false awakening, and take control of the dream. You can do whatever you want now. If you still want to wake up, try to kill yourself in the dream by jumping off a building or something. I suggest you read up on lucid dreaming until you're confident on what to do if something like this happens again, so you can be prepared.
Hope I helped! :D
Lucid Dreams: 11
Started Pursuing: December 11, 2016

Are you dreaming?

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 11 Apr 2017 03:30

Those are what you call False Awakenings. Where you believe you have woken up, but you are still in a dream.
Yes it is possible to wake up and end up in a dream over and over again.
What I would do if you are prone to many false awakenings, but can also become lucid in your false awakenings, is to try to face your dream instead of being afraid and waking yourself up each time. Try to think about something that you really enjoy doing or you could even attempt a dream control.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

spirit_form

Postby spirit_form » 11 Apr 2017 07:32

bnp01 wrote:Hmmm. I'm FAIRLY new to lucid dreaming(I've had maybe 10 total, been pursuing for 5 months about, know a lot), and I think the best thing for you to do is just relax and sleep again. The chances of something like that happening again is slim, but on the case it does, continue to tell yourself that you're dreaming and that nothing can harm you. Stop letting things make you scared, as it may trigger another false awakening, and take control of the dream. You can do whatever you want now. If you still want to wake up, try to kill yourself in the dream by jumping off a building or something. I suggest you read up on lucid dreaming until you're confident on what to do if something like this happens again, so you can be prepared.
Hope I helped! :D

Thanks for replying
trying to remain calm is pretty hard at the first time experiencing such a thing!
but I'll try next time!
Killing my self is such a good idea, but each time I woke up in dream I knew it was another dream yet, it looked so real that I couldn't take the risk of doing such thing.
but I'll consider it as an option next time :D
Last edited by spirit_form on 11 Apr 2017 07:35, edited 3 times in total.

spirit_form

Postby spirit_form » 11 Apr 2017 07:33

lucidé wrote:Those are what you call False Awakenings. Where you believe you have woken up, but you are still in a dream.
Yes it is possible to wake up and end up in a dream over and over again.
What I would do if you are prone to many false awakenings, but can also become lucid in your false awakenings, is to try to face your dream instead of being afraid and waking yourself up each time. Try to think about something that you really enjoy doing or you could even attempt a dream control.

such a great advice thanks,

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”