Control Is An Illusion

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
spirit_form

Control Is An Illusion

Postby spirit_form » 11 Apr 2017 08:28

Hi Guys,
This is my second post on this forum ,and sorry for bad English.

So a few months ago I had a dream What You Call "lucid dream"
I was With 3 of my best friends in an imaginary town.
at first, we were in my friends' car and there were a few police cars chasing us. they were shooting us , but we managed to get away.
we went to a park, I turned my face to my friends and said "hey guys, all four of us are in a same dream, we need to get out here, we've done enough damage in this dream town and everyone is after us."
(I don't remember how I found out that I'm dreaming,but somehow I did.)
so I pulled out a pistol out of my back and pointed it to my head. I asked my friends to do the same. then we shot to our heads at the same time. then I woke up.
now, If this was a lucid dream and I had control in my dream, why the hell should I kill myself when I can have lots of fun in an imaginary town with my best friends beside me.
not just this dream, each time I wake up from such dreams (you call "lucid dreams") I ask myself "why the hell did I do those Things?, I could do better things - was it me doing those stuff?"
I think it was my Unconscious saying those words and shooting me in dream , and there is no control in dream life.
control is just another trick from Unconscious .
lucid dreaming is just a normal dream which Unconscious tries to show us that we have control but we don't.
plz prove me wrong ;)

lucidé

Re: Control Is An Illusion

Postby lucidé » 12 Apr 2017 05:53

Well for one thing, I highly doubt you and your friends were each programming a similar dream and were what is call "dream meshing". That takes a very high level of lucid dreaming to pull off.
What you need to do is instead of running away from the cops and fleeing from them, is face them. Why not perform a GTA and kill them? It's not like it's going to go on your permanent record if you do this in a lucid dream. You could just think about setting them on fire, and with enough control, they will catch fire automatically, or you could set the whole place on fire and burn them all (I live in a desert, and when we have fires, they really spread).
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Petal

Postby Petal » 12 Apr 2017 09:28

I can't prove you wrong. I'm not all that clued up on the current theory to write in scientific terms about lucidity or control in dreams.
The following sentence, I've just read, seems relevant, it's from the book Pebbles of Perception: How a Few Good Choices Make All The Difference, Laurence Endersen. "The illusion of control is pervasive among first-level thinkers." Endersen then goes on to say "second-level thinkers" recognise that luck is often an element of success and they consider keeping their ego in check when things are going good.
Form my experience, I have different levels of lucidity and control. When I involuntarily experience and deliberately practice, what I until recently labelled "astral projection", I sometimes have great levels of awakened awareness and autonomy. I can do some very odd things in them though, which when waking I laugh about. (I have killed, been shot at and snogged cops before now. I've also pelted stones at churches to see what God would do. :twisted: ) However many of my dreams are simply semi lucid and I only have marginal control. I observe the dream as if from a third position and only intervene, if the dream is blatantly going in a direction I do not like or if there is an obvious decision to be made. That is not to say, I prefer one sort to another. I can deeply enjoy both and get useful things out of them.
I have recently manage a very controlled lucid dream by following bits and pieces I've gleaned from this forum and information site. It was pleasant and pleasing. I even felt my physical body smile, as I watch my hands of my subtle body climbed a ladder up to an observation post and library. I asked a man at a desk to watch a short documentary film on a specific topic, got the gist of the film and the answer to my dream objective, then climb down the ladder again. The dream had the sunny pastel colours and lonely quietness of an artwork by Edwards Hopper, an artist I have been recently reading about. I was smiling whilst I dreamed because I recognised the Hopper Elements and knew that in theory, I could fly up and down to the observation post. I was simply enjoying climbing and I thought perhaps if I tried to fly I would disrupt the dreams fragile balance.
After this single experience, I have not yet managed another quite like it. I also think I prefer an element of unpredictability to my dreams. Although nice, the controlled dream, seemed a little academic and dry. I wonder too if the mind whether my own or if there such a thing as a "universal/collective mind" doesn't deliberately and naturally create challenges in dreams (and life) to regenerate and keep itself active, engaged and creative. If things always went our way then life and dreams would become very boring. :P
Anyhow, Kind Regards. I hope to see you about...

spirit_form

Postby spirit_form » 13 Apr 2017 15:59

lucidé wrote:Well for one thing, I highly doubt you and your friends were each programming a similar dream and were what is call "dream meshing". That takes a very high level of lucid dreaming to pull off.
What you need to do is instead of running away from the cops and fleeing from them, is face them. Why not perform a GTA and kill them? It's not like it's going to go on your permanent record if you do this in a lucid dream. You could just think about setting them on fire, and with enough control, they will catch fire automatically, or you could set the whole place on fire and burn them all (I live in a desert, and when we have fires, they really spread).

thanks for the comment.
first of all, I don't think me and my friends were really connected in the dream because I asked them later and the answer was negative.
As I said before each time I wake up from such dreams I don't know why I did such things. I've played GTA for a lifetime and I would love to kill the cups! :mrgreen:
that's why I think I don't have control in such dreams.

spirit_form

Postby spirit_form » 13 Apr 2017 16:05

Petal wrote:I can't prove you wrong. I'm not all that clued up on the current theory to write in scientific terms about lucidity or control in dreams.
The following sentence, I've just read, seems relevant, it's from the book Pebbles of Perception: How a Few Good Choices Make All The Difference, Laurence Endersen. "The illusion of control is pervasive among first-level thinkers." Endersen then goes on to say "second-level thinkers" recognise that luck is often an element of success and they consider keeping their ego in check when things are going good.
Form my experience, I have different levels of lucidity and control. When I involuntarily experience and deliberately practice, what I until recently labelled "astral projection", I sometimes have great levels of awakened awareness and autonomy. I can do some very odd things in them though, which when waking I laugh about. (I have killed, been shot at and snogged cops before now. I've also pelted stones at churches to see what God would do. :twisted: ) However many of my dreams are simply semi lucid and I only have marginal control. I observe the dream as if from a third position and only intervene, if the dream is blatantly going in a direction I do not like or if there is an obvious decision to be made. That is not to say, I prefer one sort to another. I can deeply enjoy both and get useful things out of them.
I have recently manage a very controlled lucid dream by following bits and pieces I've gleaned from this forum and information site. It was pleasant and pleasing. I even felt my physical body smile, as I watch my hands of my subtle body climbed a ladder up to an observation post and library. I asked a man at a desk to watch a short documentary film on a specific topic, got the gist of the film and the answer to my dream objective, then climb down the ladder again. The dream had the sunny pastel colours and lonely quietness of an artwork by Edwards Hopper, an artist I have been recently reading about. I was smiling whilst I dreamed because I recognised the Hopper Elements and knew that in theory, I could fly up and down to the observation post. I was simply enjoying climbing and I thought perhaps if I tried to fly I would disrupt the dreams fragile balance.
After this single experience, I have not yet managed another quite like it. I also think I prefer an element of unpredictability to my dreams. Although nice, the controlled dream, seemed a little academic and dry. I wonder too if the mind whether my own or if there such a thing as a "universal/collective mind" doesn't deliberately and naturally create challenges in dreams (and life) to regenerate and keep itself active, engaged and creative. If things always went our way then life and dreams would become very boring. :P

WoW, that was awesome!
thanks for sharing your experience .
for me sleeping is just a need and I don't really enjoy sleeping because I think it's just a waste of time and I could do better things instead of sleeping , but I would love to have such dreams and have such a enjoyment.
Your word were kind of effective and I'll try to learn how to control lucid dreams and enjoy it!
thanks.

Petal

Postby Petal » 13 Apr 2017 21:08

No problem, at all. Glad to be of help. Now go give some dream cops hell. :mrgreen:
Anyhow, Kind Regards. I hope to see you about...

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”