Help explain this !!!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Osirisxxx

Help explain this !!!

Postby Osirisxxx » 22 Apr 2017 20:50

So today I had a really crazy experience I've never ever had in my dreams i was dreaming I was sleeping on the couch with my gf weird because I knew I was talking but it wasn't making sense since she even questioned what I was saying and at the same time my head felt like heavy somehow I fell off the couch and in that moment for a quick second I thought to myself this is a dream because I didn't hit the floor and decided for whatever reason to spin and I spun in circles yet in a floating sensation somehow I woke up in my bed in a mix of being in sleep paralysis I could get up but my eyes didn't wanna open I was forcing so hard to open them and at the same time I was trying to get out of my bed fighting the sleep paralysis I managed to get up but stumbled into my sliding door and into the floor the crazy thing is when I finally reached the door on my room I would wake up again in my bed doing it all over again and this happened atleast 4-5 times with the same outcome , barely open eyes and really unbalanced and falling over and then I woke up I was in away aware of what was happening because as it happened my thoughts started flowing wondering what was going on and confused , I think o experienced a false awakening but that doesn't explain why it was repetitive and why I was somehow paralyzed

Tororo

Re: Help explain this !!!

Postby Tororo » 23 Apr 2017 09:57

Sounds like you were bouncing from a lucid dream into a 'hypnogogic state' and back into a lucid dream again.

Happens to me especially if I am sleep deprived for a few days. At first it can be confusing and a little scary. Sometimes you bounce back into the same lucid dream, sometimes the dream is altered a bit and sometimes the dream is completely different.

I now enjoy these experiences and have, over many years, learnt to recognise them and try and work with it, when it happens. The sensations you describe are pretty much the same I get when this 'bouncing' occurs.

The best advice I can offer is try and recognise this state, when it occurs, then relax into it and go with it. We're you especially tired that day it occurred?

Osirisxxx

Postby Osirisxxx » 23 Apr 2017 17:56

Yesss!!! I suspected it was from that I only had 3 hours of sleeep and when that happened it occurred when I took a nap of around 40 minutes but Yeaa it was an interesting experience I liked it in a way

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 23 Apr 2017 23:41

Actually those are what are called False Awakenings, where you think you are awake, but you are actually in a dream. Yes they can occur over and over again.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”