My first very vivid and lucid..ish dream!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Jw1978

My first very vivid and lucid..ish dream!

Postby Jw1978 » 30 Apr 2017 16:27

I've been trying to have a lucid dream for over a month now with little success and barely remembering my dreams so I didn't think I would have any vivid dreams yet. A few nights ago I came across a new meditation technique that you do during the night and it worked! Started to have dreams, had 2 dreams that first night and 4 dreams on the second night! The last dream I had was the really vivid one. This was the dream:
I'm sitting on my brothers sofa, I'm getting tired and falling asleep. My brother is sitting next to me, my niece is sitting on my left, I felt the heaviness of them and I honestly thought I was there. With my eyes closed I felt them get up and leave the room, I open my eyes and my nephew is staring at me and laughing (he is 4 by the way) and he runs out of the room. I decide to get my shoes on to leave so I get up and went to the front door where I usually leave my shoes when I visit and my nephew runs past me laughing with what looks like a shoe or something and dissappears round the corner, I say to my brother "he's got my shoes!" He calls to him and tells him to give them back but I look down and my shoes are there, I tell them not to worry I've found them. I sit on the bottom step of the stairs and put on my shoes and realise that my shoes are plain white and are supposed to have pictures on them. I decide to do a reality check, out of habit, and I look at my hands quickly. I noticed my little finger and the one next to it were crooked and I'm not kidding, I think to myself "maybe it was how I was laying on the sofa", I look again properly and I have 6 fingers on each hand and all of them crooked! I'm in a dream! I couldn't believe it because it seemed so real.
I think I wasn't totally lucid because I was a bit over excited from this point.
I immediately try to fly in his hallway but was just a hover while holding on to the walls and slowly sinking to the floor. I run into the kitchen to share this breakthrough with my brother, the kitchen was different though, think it was from a house when I was younger, I tell him I can float and I do so in the kitchen and he thinks it's pretty cool but odd. He then said "if this is a dream then you shouldn't be afraid of spiders, should you?" I reply "I guess not?" We go out into the garden, which was similar to my grandparents garden while growing up, and he goes to this dirt pile on the ground and picks up a black spider/bug/thing, couldn't really make it out, and I say "no, I ain't doing that!" I run around the house and I'm at the back gate. It's a big, black, wooden gate with a metal latch that lift to open the gate. As I open it, I hear and feel the cobwebs snapping and pulling while the gate was pulled open, it was so vivid. I run through the gate and I'm now in a field and for some reason its sunny but with a breeze. I turn round and my brother is still behind me with his hands together holding this bug thing and I plead with him not to wind me up and he said "ok" and dropped it into the grass. I walk up to him and I say "can I tell you something?" He said "yeah, go for it" and I said "this is all a dream, it's not real." Suddenly it was no longer my brother, it was a completely different person but I was carrying on with the conversation like nothing had changed. This person was now female, long brunette, crinkled hair, very pretty, wearing one of those thin material scarfs and a dress. She says "what if it's the other way round?" Confused and unsure if I heard her correctly I say "what? What did you say?" She again says "what if it's the other way round?" I then wake up in my bed.
It was so real but I wasn't in total control of everything though. It was amazing and I had to share it with you all. Hope this happens again very soon.
Let me know your thoughts on what she possibly meant with what she said and what was going on. I'm interested in your opinions and I hope I didn't bore you to much or it was confusing. Thanks for reading.

ThePurple

Re: My first very vivid and lucid..ish dream!

Postby ThePurple » 02 May 2017 23:38

Congratulations! It sounds like you stayed lucid for quite a while, much more impressive than my early ones! :lol:

And, not being able to "control" everything doesn't mean you're any less lucid, in my book. You knew it was a dream, that's the defining feature. Nix that "ish" and own it.

I've never tried it myself, but from reading others' dreams, it's definitely a thing for certain characters to change dramatically when you point out to them that it's a dream.

As for interpretation, I think the dreamer's insights tend to be more valuable than any external analysis. It is by and for your mind.

Perhaps the better question is, why does it need interpreting?

Jw1978

Postby Jw1978 » 03 May 2017 06:32

Thanks for reading and giving your view. It sounds like it went on for a while but I'm not sure if it did :lol: think I just remember a lot of details. I basically started in brothers lounge, shoes on, went to kitchen, then garden, out back gate and onto a field :P
With regards to my brother turning to another character when pointing out it was a dream, I thought it would have been someone I already knew. That's maybe why I woke up, because it threw me off not knowing who she was and she said something that confused me. Really caught me off-guard.
I've not had another dream like that since though but I my dream recall has really improved. Couldn't remember any of my dreams before so it's pretty cool that I've experienced a lucid dream. Hoping for another very soon.
Thanks for your time.

ThePurple

Postby ThePurple » 03 May 2017 15:54

Jw1978 wrote:It sounds like it went on for a while but I'm not sure if it did :lol: think I just remember a lot of details. I basically started in brothers lounge, shoes on, went to kitchen, then garden, out back gate and onto a field :P

If you had time to do anything beyond think "oh boy oh boy I'm in a dream!" you're ahead of the game. ;)

Jw1978 wrote:I thought it would have been someone I already knew. That's maybe why I woke up, because it threw me off not knowing who she was and she said something that confused me. Really caught me off-guard.

Yep, surprise and confusion can have that effect.
So, expect everything, because things can get much weirder!

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”