Second lucid dream!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
chilicat

Second lucid dream!

Postby chilicat » 07 May 2017 17:59

I've been wanting to have lucid dreams for a while now, but without much success (I keep forgetting about reality checks). In the 2 dreams I've had, I woke up shortly after realizing I was dreaming. In this one, I was seeing a friend. For some reason, my friend's hair was blonde. I must've realized that's not right then realized I was dreaming. I remember saying "I'm dreaming" out loud in the dream, then it became blurry and I woke up. Hopefully in my next dream, I'll have time to actually do things.

ThePurple

Re: Second lucid dream!

Postby ThePurple » 10 May 2017 18:07

Congrats! You're on your way!

It's a common thing for the excitement to pull you out of the dream, but a few more of these and it'll be no biggie, right? Of course I'm dreaming, do it every night!

Part of the reason the dream dissolves is also the difference between "I'm dreaming" and "this is a dream," as unimportant as that may sound at first. Next time, instead of thinking of your own dreaming brain, pay attention to your weird blonde friend who you can see and hear and touch. This keeps your focus with the dream world, instead of the dreamer.

chilicat

Postby chilicat » 10 May 2017 23:08

Ok, I'll try to remember that next time, which probably won't happen for a while. In my dreams, it's hard to remember the things I've heard about staying in the dream.

ThePurple

Postby ThePurple » 11 May 2017 01:03

I'll try to remember that next time, which probably won't happen for a while.
Well, jeez, not with that attitude! You've done it before, you can do it again.

In my dreams, it's hard to remember the things I've heard about staying in the dream.
Yeah good logic and access to memories can be elusive in dreams, but it is possible. Again, you've just got to trust that you'll be able to do it, and you will.

Price

Postby Price » 11 May 2017 04:51

Congrats! Put a mark on your bed post and keep up the good work!

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”