Meeting inside a dream is POSSIBLE.

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
wanderer

Meeting inside a dream is POSSIBLE.

Postby wanderer » 18 May 2017 08:34

Last year around june or july, i dreamed something shady and awful. But because I was lucid dreaming I end up playing around, teasing people and laughing so hard while telling people that "this is just a dream hahahaha :lol: ", then people around me keeps on staring like I'm slightly insane. Suddenly my surroundings became shady and gloomy. I even saw my dead grandmother. I was with my sister that time while running on the way home. I said, "hey, when we turn right at that street we're going to wake up". I don't know if it is the same with everyone but everytime I was on my way home inside my dream, I can't help but wake up.
Things getting weirder, I don't think she's my sister anymore. I asked "what's your name?", but she ignored me.... I asked again "I just want to confirm something, please tell me your name... you're not my sister, right?". When we are about to turn right at that street I was talking about, suddenly she said her/his name I guess, I was slightly frustrated that time but I remember the name. Then I asked "Where are you from?"...... she just replied "ITALY"... then I woke up. damn. That was exciting I guess, but I thought that name was strange maybe because I never heard it before. Then that afternoon I decided to search that name on facebook. It was a SURNAME... the only person from italy with that surname. I think he's not really from italy, just a student.

I don't even know that person but I asked him a favor through instagram ( I was a lil curious so I stalked him :lol: ) telling that I have a research regarding dreams,,, I asked him various things if he ever dreamed of someone asking his name around june or july. YEAH, confirmed. He said a strange person asked him, he said it was at a shady place. well yeah, I can't help my goosebumps when I read his reply.

I therefore conclude that meeting inside a dream is POSSIBLE. but because we never saw each others face, our image/looks were different on each of our dream.

Is it possible that our subconscious are connected in a different space or dimension?? is our subconscious are formless inside this dimension?
"don't find me, I'm a wanderer."

lucidé

Re: Meeting inside a dream is POSSIBLE.

Postby lucidé » 18 May 2017 17:34

Dream meshing, while rare when 2 strangers or 1 non-lucid dreamer and one lucid dreamer ends up having matching symbols is in fact possible. Most often, dream meshing is most common among practicing lucid dreamers who intentionally program their lucid dreams to be similar.

I wouldn't say meeting is possible, but I would definitely say that meshing is possible, and I have even had low probability events happen with dream meshing.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 19 May 2017 00:35

wanderer wrote:Is it possible that our subconscious are connected in a different space or dimension?? is our subconscious are formless inside this dimension?

Plato posited that universals (properties/qualities/relations) exist prior to the physical world. In fact, according to Platonic realism, existent physical features that convey universals are nothing but 'shadows'. The real thing exists in perfect form independent of the physical world and human minds. We are talking about metaphysics here. Adherents of Platonism probably suspect that lucid dreams reflect an archetypal metaphysical realm where concepts are free to express themselves without being restricted by physical laws. Plato would say the other world is realer than this one. What proof did he have for this? Zilch. Only his philosophy.

Aristotle took a more mundane approach and, given my scepticism and insistence on empiricism, I'm inclined to follow it. Aristotle said that universals only exist when they are physically manifest alongside their subjectibe appearance in our minds.

Idealism reminds us that universal distinctions are very much anthropic. We pay attention to certain features about reality---some pleasant, some unpleasant---and it is our minds that assign them significance. Beauty is, in many particulars, in the eye of the beholder.

Nominalism may go too far. It isn't just descriptions and words because these attempt to convey specific experiences after the fact. Here is something from Alice in Wonderland:

' "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean – neither more nor less."

' "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

' "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master – that's all." '
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 19 May 2017 02:09

Never did I say people could actually have the exact same lucid dream. Dream meshing is when 2 people have similar programming in a (lucid) dream. Think of it like this. A Multimedia professor tells 2 or more designers to for example, create a house by the lake with all of them by it in an animation. Now the story line and the descriptions of the animations will all be the same. Think about what an individual's art style really is like for a second, and you will more than likely see this when you watch all of the animations of all of the designers. They will all be different, because their art style and perspectives are different. Just because 2 or more lucid dreamers can program their lucid dreams to be similar, which in itself, is a massive accomplishment, doesn't mean the art styles and perspectives can ever be the same. A person's lucid dreams is much like their art, and everyone's personal art style is much like a person's fingerprint. Dream meshing is not about getting the art to look exactly the same (as I know that is impossible), but it is about getting as much of the story to match as possible. Scientifically and multimedia speaking, dream meshing is what is realistically possible. Even those who don't believe they have a creative side if they can lucid dream, they secretly do have a bit of one, because it has to take a level of creativity to think of fun things to do in a lucid dream.

On the contrary Summerlander, in some of my lucid dreams, I really am free from the really harsh restrictions of reality, as was one of my friends who was mentally disabled from birth (he had no disability in his lucid dreams, and several times while meshing, I even got to see how cool he looked and how intelligent he was). In some of my lucid dreams, I have no issues with conflicting emotions, anxiety, or depression, which I get much pleasure out of being free away from that for a while, although my psychiatrist told me being free from this wasn't normal, despite me confirmation biasing I was free from my afflictions so many times. If a born blind person can claim to see colors and end up using dream spying in a non-lucid dream, then I don't see why there should be any complaints about my friend and I going into lucid dreamland and not having our afflictions.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 19 May 2017 03:37

It isn't real, don't kid yourself :)
Good luck,
Dream on.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 19 May 2017 06:19

Dream meshing is real. Don't kid yourself. It's dream meeting that has been proven to be scientifically impossible, like I mentioned before.
All dream meshing requires is for dream symbols to match. Dream meshing is like I said before, quite similar to 2 multimedia designers coming up with maybe the same story line or plot for their designs. Although it's really rare (I'd say the odds of that happening are 1 in 1,000,000), it has happened before and ended in competition between the 2 designers. The only thing I would say is impossible is any 2 forms of multimedia creativity, be it lucid dreaming (lucid dreaming often requires a good level of creativity) or design, to be exactly the same. It has been proven throughout history art and multimedia design as unique is fingerprints and therefore no 2 visual creations by different people can ever be the same.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 May 2017 00:37

Here we go again ... :roll:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 20 May 2017 06:47

I don't know why you have a problem with me teaching what Rebecca taught herself on the website about "dream meshing", where she gave an example about 2 people dreaming about each other on an island, because they had been stranded on the island for a while. Dream meshing according to her, is about people being able to match symbols in each other's dreams and dream about each other, they are not necessarily meeting each other in their dreams. There is a huge difference between the scientifically accurate meshing, where all 2 people do is program their lucid dreams to be similar without necessarily communicating telepathically, and meeting. It's no different for me to teach other users to control to attempt to match as many symbols in each other's lucid dreams without there being anything supernatural about it as it is for you to teach people how to turn into ghosts in a "lucid dream". They aren't really talking to each other, just like the users aren't really ghosts.
If you have SUCH a problem with my dream meshing, since you know where my dream journal is, why don't you go complain to the admins in charge on there and have my dream journal shut down forever? You should know it is that easy.

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 27 May 2017 18:28

lucidé wrote:I don't know why you have a problem with me teaching what Rebecca taught herself on the website about "dream meshing", where she gave an example about 2 people dreaming about each other on an island, because they had been stranded on the island for a while. Dream meshing according to her, is about people being able to match symbols in each other's dreams and dream about each other, they are not necessarily meeting each other in their dreams. There is a huge difference between the scientifically accurate meshing, where all 2 people do is program their lucid dreams to be similar without necessarily communicating telepathically, and meeting. It's no different for me to teach other users to control to attempt to match as many symbols in each other's lucid dreams without there being anything supernatural about it as it is for you to teach people how to turn into ghosts in a "lucid dream". They aren't really talking to each other, just like the users aren't really ghosts.
If you have SUCH a problem with my dream meshing, since you know where my dream journal is, why don't you go complain to the admins in charge on there and have my dream journal shut down forever? You should know it is that easy.

So it sounds more like you're saying dream meshing is forcibly comparing possible similarities in two completely different people's dreams and pulling a meaning out of it? I mean, you can't actually believe that two people's minds can connect just because they're sleeping.
Good luck,
Dream on.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 28 May 2017 00:22

DreamerMan99 wrote:
So it sounds more like you're saying dream meshing is forcibly comparing possible similarities in two completely different people's dreams and pulling a meaning out of it? I mean, you can't actually believe that two people's minds can connect just because they're sleeping.

Somewhat. There doesn't have to be a meaning in the symbols in the least, my friends and I just compared the similar symbols in our lucid dreams for fun. It's more among the lines of 2 lucid dreamers attempting to do the exact same lucid dream task in their lucid dreams, then comparing the symbols in their lucid dreams to see how much symbolism was similar.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”