Meeting inside a dream is POSSIBLE.

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
DreamerMan99

Re: Meeting inside a dream is POSSIBLE.

Postby DreamerMan99 » 28 May 2017 03:41

lucidé wrote:
DreamerMan99 wrote:
So it sounds more like you're saying dream meshing is forcibly comparing possible similarities in two completely different people's dreams and pulling a meaning out of it? I mean, you can't actually believe that two people's minds can connect just because they're sleeping.

Somewhat. There doesn't have to be a meaning in the symbols in the least, my friends and I just compared the similar symbols in our lucid dreams for fun. It's more among the lines of 2 lucid dreamers attempting to do the exact same lucid dream task in their lucid dreams, then comparing the symbols in their lucid dreams to see how much symbolism was similar.

I see. This makes a lot more sense. It is certainly interesting to see if the human mind, collectively, experiences dreaming in a similar fashion and this would be a good way to find out so; however, if anyone claims that you can meet an actual, sentient, seperate human entity that exists in reality inside of a dream, they're bullshitting you, themselves, and their make believe dream friends.
Good luck,
Dream on.

lucidé

Re: Meeting inside a dream is POSSIBLE.

Postby lucidé » 28 May 2017 07:10

I have had experiences with meshing where my friends and I have exchanged passwords in our separate lucid dreams and both/all of us even successfully used dream spying in each of our lucid dreams. The odds of doing both successfully are around 1 in 25,000,000 (I was just really lucky back then, I mean when I flipped the 100 tails in a row, catching shiny Pokemon and then beat my boss 50 games in a row with the 1 in 5 chance, I just was quite the gambler). Just because we all remembered the same password in all of our lucid dreams once, and just because we all used dream spying in a lucid dream once didn't mean we were talking to each other. If 2 friends end up having an incident of "dream spying" (dream spying happens by chance and your odds of having this happen are around 1 in 25,000,000, so I would NOT get your hopes of this happening), this can increase the amount of symbols matched to up to 90%, when usually the maximum is 75%-80%.
There's a reason why you can never see each other in a lucid dream. It would be like 2 designers putting both themselves and their friend into an animation. Lucid dreams is the artist putting their imagination to work in the form of a virtual reality system. There have been no reports ever in art or in multimedia of 2 pieces being exactly the same as each other. Think each night of being inside of your own self created virtual reality, and then it makes sense why 2 self created VRs can never be the same. Lucid dreaming is art and art is as unique as a person's fingerprints.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”