Is this lucid dreaming?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Flavius

Is this lucid dreaming?

Postby Flavius » 22 May 2017 15:50

I seldom dream like I did when I was young. The only time I do tends to be when I am very tired and not lying flat in bed. I'm "closer to the surface" if that makes any sense.

Recently I was returning from a week camping at the beach. I stopped to rest as an alternative to dying behind the wheel. I sat upright in the driver's seat and, with difficulty, I tried to sleep.

My mind drifted, and soon it was walking on ahead without me. Images and bits of memories turned into a story (a crude one) although I was much more awake than asleep. I was back on the beach with the same sexy friends, but now they were very matter-of-fact-ly talking about sex and then began demonstrating in a "this is how you do it" manner (which was very hot nevertheless.) I became self-aware of my state soon, and aware that I'd begun steering the events in the dream. That, plus the physical arousal, began propelling me to the surface of consciousness. Crap.

This experience was repeated almost exactly a few weeks later. In this episode my secret lover and I were in the company of a pretty, young friend. She suddenly locked eyes intently with us said sweetly but insistently, "I know about you two. EVERYthing. And I know you're going to [unnamed wilderness camping nude beach]. So, now you have to take me with you so I won't be able to leak your secret." Just as she finished that sentence, she tossed her hair and laid backward ... and suddenly we were on that beach, naked, with the girl settling in like a kitten, lying blissfully between us. I was feltIt was very sexy but not sexual, if you know what I mean. Exactly as before, I resurfaced into consciousness.

Both of these were unusually beautiful experiences, much more so than the full-sleep dreams I've had.

So tell me...does that sound like lucid dreaming?

torakrubik

Re: Is this lucid dreaming?

Postby torakrubik » 24 May 2017 00:16

Sounds like you were between waking consciousness and sleeping deeply there! If you were aware, at the time, that you weren't actually experiencing these events and knew you were dreaming them instead, then yes, you were lucid dreaming. There is a fine line though, it can be difficult to know sometimes.
Dreaming is my drug

Shardarke

Re: Is this lucid dreaming?

Postby Shardarke » 26 May 2017 08:31

Lucid Dream is when a dream is aware that he/she is dreaming. This is where you exert some degree of control over your dream. Like for example, you control the characters, the narrative, and the environment. Most of my dreams are lucid because. I can wake up whenever I want. I can continue whenever I want.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”