Lucid by mistake?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.

Lucid by mistake?

Postby clemccormick » 28 Jul 2012 21:17

YEARS ago I read about lucid dreaming and tried some of the techniques but never really stuck with it. Fast forward to present day, I put my 2 year old down for his afternoon nap and deicided I needed one too. I fell asleep pretty easily and all of a sudden I am with my friends, I know we just won a contest and we are in an airport in Denver. It felt so real but the dream quickly turned into a more nightmare-ish dream and for some reason, for the first time in my life, I said to myself in the dream "This can't be right, I just put my son down for a nap, I'm not in Denver". And I turned away from the scary stuff and just started walking. I'm going through the airport when it just dawns on me "I'm dreaming! I'm lucid dreaming!" I didn't believe it at first so I decided to tell myself "OK, if I'm really dreaming I can do anything. I want to see my boyfriend" (I'm in a long distance relationship). All of a sudden everyone around me has red hair (yes, we are gingers) and than i turn around and he's standing there! I hugged him and kissed him and of course cried all over him etc. etc.

The weird thing was I remember it took A LOT of concentration after I realized I was dreaming. After I dreamed him to be there, we were in a white room. I think it was because i literally felt imagining him being there was taking all my energy that there were no more surroundings. If that makes sense. I'm not really sure how long I was lucid dreaming, maybe 7 minutes? But I want to do it again! It was incredible!

Re: Lucid by mistake?

Postby jamjam » 28 Jul 2012 22:46

First lucid dream huh?
If you keep at it, I'm sure you'll have many more!
I'll give you one of easiest techniques... WBTB! (aka Wake Back To Bed)
(Well anything you can imagine and/or ask)
Welcome to the forum! Ask anything you want to know about lucid dreams!
I'm sure everyone will be willing to help!
PS: There are no mistakes! Only lessons to be learned!
[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”