Lucid by mistake?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
clemccormick

Lucid by mistake?

Postby clemccormick » 28 Jul 2012 21:17

YEARS ago I read about lucid dreaming and tried some of the techniques but never really stuck with it. Fast forward to present day, I put my 2 year old down for his afternoon nap and deicided I needed one too. I fell asleep pretty easily and all of a sudden I am with my friends, I know we just won a contest and we are in an airport in Denver. It felt so real but the dream quickly turned into a more nightmare-ish dream and for some reason, for the first time in my life, I said to myself in the dream "This can't be right, I just put my son down for a nap, I'm not in Denver". And I turned away from the scary stuff and just started walking. I'm going through the airport when it just dawns on me "I'm dreaming! I'm lucid dreaming!" I didn't believe it at first so I decided to tell myself "OK, if I'm really dreaming I can do anything. I want to see my boyfriend" (I'm in a long distance relationship). All of a sudden everyone around me has red hair (yes, we are gingers) and than i turn around and he's standing there! I hugged him and kissed him and of course cried all over him etc. etc.

The weird thing was I remember it took A LOT of concentration after I realized I was dreaming. After I dreamed him to be there, we were in a white room. I think it was because i literally felt imagining him being there was taking all my energy that there were no more surroundings. If that makes sense. I'm not really sure how long I was lucid dreaming, maybe 7 minutes? But I want to do it again! It was incredible!

jamjam

Re: Lucid by mistake?

Postby jamjam » 28 Jul 2012 22:46

First lucid dream huh?
If you keep at it, I'm sure you'll have many more!
I'll give you one of easiest techniques... WBTB! (aka Wake Back To Bed)
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/wake-back-to-bed.html
ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE IN LUCID DREAMS! :)
(Well anything you can imagine and/or ask)
Welcome to the forum! Ask anything you want to know about lucid dreams!
I'm sure everyone will be willing to help!
PS: There are no mistakes! Only lessons to be learned!
[ Post made via iPad ] Image
jamjam

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”