package through the mail/bad storm/dad came back to life

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Nickfan40

package through the mail/bad storm/dad came back to life

Postby Nickfan40 » 05 Jun 2017 18:18

This is a strange dream I had when I went back to bed this morning at 10 am because I had a bad headache. I'm not sure why people have a better chance of having a lucid dream in the morning than at night:

Package through the mail

I was sitting in the living room with my mother. I walked to the front door and looked out. On a lawn chair by the mailbox, there was a small, yellow package. There was no writing on it, but I knew it was for me; I've been expecting some dvds from a collector I've been doing business with. I picked it up and took it into the house.

Bad Storm

My mom and I are sitting on the porch together, it feels like early afternoon. It was a nice day, clear blue sky with sunshine one minute, dark skies and rainy the next. It was a hard rain, with strong winds. We go inside when it starts getting too bad.

A while later, we go out, and it looks like a war zone: trees uprooted, limbs in the road, people from the city cutting up limbs and putting them in a shredder on the trucks. We hear people talking about losing their electricity, but we are the only ones who kept theirs. We see the electricity go back on in people's houses, and we hear them cheer. I turn to my mother and ask, "When was the last time we lost *our* electricity? The ice storm of 2003?" and she said, "Yes, and we lost one of our oak trees, too." It was February 16, 2003. It didn't uproot it, but it killed it and big limbs started falling off. I'm not sure how old it was, probably planted in 1915, when the house was built.

Dad came back to life

I'm not sure if it was the same day or not. That's the strange thing about dreams; they all seem to flow into each other. My dad came home from work with a bunch of groceries he'd found on the manager's shelf, which included some sweets and other goodies. My dad worked just across the lot from a Kroger store.

My mom and I came in from somewhere, maybe a walk or something. We saw all the goodies on the table: sweets, bags of peanuts. I put
some of the frozen stuff away, which included a box of White Castle hamburgers; I could see it so clearly and feel it in my hand. I said, "MMMMM! We can have these for supper tonight!" We've had the White Castle hamburgers before and they're really good!

I'm not sure why people dream about dead loved ones being alive again. He had to suffer so much before he died. He had lung and esophageal cancers and died on June 9, 2014. He didn't smoke enough to hurt him, but what my family believes now is that he didn't get his acid reflux under control and it caused acid to drip into his lungs, causing both cancers. I have heard that people can have trouble with acid in their vocal cords, which is why they have kind of a gravelly voice. Professional singers have to be careful with it, too. Barrett's Syndrome/esophagus is a forerunner to esophageal cancer. Dick Smothers did a commercial about it once, warning people about it. I'm just sorry that my dad didn't do anything about his. If you think you might have something like that, tell your doctor. Don't let them tell you that it's "just a Hollywood Disease". Keep changing doctors until someone believes you.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”