waking up from lucidity due to intensity in the sensations

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.

waking up from lucidity due to intensity in the sensations

Postby fatima » 29 Jul 2012 07:24

:shock: I had a dream where I was with an ex date and current friend.

The funny thing is that I was sleeping at his bed that night... We were housemates for a while (not lovers anymore or anything) and when he traveled I slept at his bed because I stayed with his child...

Anyway, that is also interesting because it has happened to me before while in his bed...

Well, I remember we were together "somewhere" and suddenly a troop of rhinos appeared and I was scared and suddenly I realised I was dreaming and I told him, "I was told -while learning about lucid dreaming- that I can do whatever I want in a dream, so I put my hand in my pocket and took something I gave to the rhino to eat so he wouldn't attack us... There were many of them... By the way, I know this page about animal symbolism that actually took me here... probably many of you know it...http://www.whats-your-sign.com/animal-symbolism-rhinoceros.html

It is also funny that in my dream I said "rhinos" and I am native Spanish speaker not English and there is not expression like rhino in Spanish but "rinoceronte". I speak English but didn't know that thing about calling them "rhinos"...

Well, from my pocket I took something as a fruit, and we could scaped from an attack... After that we were alone reclining at a wall and we started kissing... It was nice but I also have thoughts about how he didn't kissed me often when we were together even though he was quite sexual and in my dream it was clear that the poor guy "didn't know" how to kiss, so I was something like "ooohhh, no I understand why..." and was amazed by my discovery but we were also excited and the sensation was intensifying that I lost my lucidity and woke up...

As I have exposed in some other forum, I tend to have lucidity in relation to some erotism or physical contact, skin, touching, not necessarily absolutely erotic or sexual but sensual and amazed by the reality of the phisicality in the dream...

Are there tips for not waking up when intensity arises?

ring the bells that still can ring - forget your perfect offering - there's a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in (anthem. leonard cohen)

Re: waking up from lucidity due to intensity in the sensatio

Postby torakrubik » 29 Jul 2012 21:35

It does take a bit of practice, but eventually you can SOMETIMES feel a build up to the intensity peak of the emotion. This will give you time to calm yourself down and prevent waking up.
Dreaming is my drug

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”