Floating out of lucidity

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Lucyislearning

Floating out of lucidity

Postby Lucyislearning » 10 Jun 2017 02:28

Hi! This is my first post, so I hope I'm in the right category.

While dreaming this morning, I became lucid when my sister looked straight at me and said "Your name is David," which is about the most obvious trigger I can imagine. I didn't get super excited, which has been a stumbling block in the past for me, but instead just started looking around and marveling at the incredible detail. However, it only lasted for a few seconds, because then I started floating out of the scene and into the sky. It led into a false awakening (which I didn't realize, unfortunately) and then just a regular dream.

The last time I became lucid the same floating-away thing happened, except I tried to fight the floating, which didn't stop it and I just woke up.

Has anyone else had this happen? Is there anything I can do the next time I start to float away so I can continue the dream? Or should I just go with it and try to stay lucid in whatever scene comes next?

Thank you so much for your input!

itsdatboi

Re: Floating out of lucidity

Postby itsdatboi » 17 Jun 2017 06:48

For me I am not a great creator in my dreams I can't, for the most part, just make a car appear or make mountains rise. But if you can create I feel like that would be the best approach, just start making stuff appear :lol: . Stephen LaBerge and his team found that spinning proved to be the most effective, however idk if you will be able to spin while floating. Going along with it isn't bad either, not every lucid experience is going to be groundbreaking and mentally revolutionary, some are just very casual. Recently I have been just letting the dreams take me, however I feel like I have lose some of my ability to take action more. ultimately, You have to experiment for yourself and see what works for you and what you want.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”