The pork that turned out to be fish...

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
RedKryptonite

The pork that turned out to be fish...

Postby RedKryptonite » 09 Aug 2017 13:44

Hello everyone,
I've already had quite a fair number of LD's,but this is the first time I'm sharing any of it. I picked this particular dream,the method I used to achieve this is WBTB + MILD (this has become my primary method/combination for achieving lucid dreams as of now,its been very effective for me.) I edited it to take out personal information from my life,Here goes:

I was on my Computer,looking at Facebook and admiring my crush. While doing so,I thought "Man,its so late and I'm usually asleep by now at this time,but here I am on my PC" but as soon as I got that thought,it suddenly hit me. I looked at my hands but it looked normal,I then tried the nose pinch reality test (Credit goes to Daniel Love. This has become my primary reality check. it has never failed me yet) and it WORKED! I was able to breathe through a pinch nose and I knew without a doubt that I'm dreaming.

I then went out of my room and tried to will the lights open,but all I got was a dim light out of that. I then decided to just press a light switch and get on with it. I went downstairs and saw my uncle,sleeping on the couch with his arm raised up holding a smartphone. (it looked silly, :lol: )
I then went to the garage and ran into my aunt,who said a friendly "hi!" (kinda out of character,she's kinda mean in real life)

I then went to our kitchen and tried to accomplish my primary dream goal of eating delicious food but all I could find at the table was fried fish. (I wanted pork/meat). I then went outside the house and tried to will/wish for what I was looking for. as I opened the door to get outside,I saw a huge long table full of food (think the kind of table that very rich people in a meeting have). I saw something that looked like fried pork but as soon as I got near it,it was fried fish AGAIN! :x (well,actually it looks like a weird combination of fish/pork. I dunno how to describ it)
I conceded to the dream,and gave that fish or whatever it is a bite. It certainly tasted like real fried meat.

A bunch of kids then came by playing and suddenly I felt the dream collapsing. I tried to rub my hands in an attempt to prolong the dream but it failed and I woke up for real. I should have remembered to try spinning. oh well :(

THE END

What do you think about it?

Sean Jacobs

Re: The pork that turned out to be fish...

Postby Sean Jacobs » 09 Aug 2017 14:02

Excellent LD RedKryptonite! Congrats! It is always frustrating when you can't get the dream to do exactly what you want. Eating amazing tasting food is always one of my goals, and I certainly don't remember to do it often enough. I hope this is the first of many LDs you will post.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 09 Aug 2017 14:22

Sean Jacobs wrote:Excellent LD RedKryptonite! Congrats! It is always frustrating when you can't get the dream to do exactly what you want. Eating amazing tasting food is always one of my goals, and I certainly don't remember to do it often enough. I hope this is the first of many LDs you will post.

Thanks man. Yeah,my dream control (and ability to prolong the dream)needs a lot of work. at least I have now learned to enter the lucid dream state more consistently. Persistence really is the key here.

I do indeed plan to post more,I actually plan to post my intro tom as I've noticed I haven't done so yet. See you around,I'm gonna log out for now. :)

HunterClash

Postby HunterClash » 09 Aug 2017 18:39

Dream food, huh? I remember my last dream where I ate bacon eggs and bread(it tasted just like it should, delicious), :) heh heh!

Gud Look!
LD: 6
1: 4/9/15 - The Plane
2: 7/11/16 - The Voice
3: 8/7/17 - The Self Suggesting Dream
4: 8/17/17 - The Snake
5: 8/19/17 - The Super Speed(Fail)
6: 8/26/17 - The Ball Pool

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 10 Aug 2017 06:16

HunterClash wrote:Dream food, huh? I remember my last dream where I ate bacon eggs and bread(it tasted just like it should, delicious), :) heh heh!

Gud Look!

You know what? for my next LD attempt (which should be soon) I'll try to visit Mcdonalds. Man,I've started craving for some of that. its not the healthiest thing to eat in real life but it should be fine in a dream :twisted:

HunterClash

Postby HunterClash » 10 Aug 2017 06:21

You had me ROFL when I read that! :D That's so genious and sneaky! GOODC luck on that! :)
LD: 6
1: 4/9/15 - The Plane
2: 7/11/16 - The Voice
3: 8/7/17 - The Self Suggesting Dream
4: 8/17/17 - The Snake
5: 8/19/17 - The Super Speed(Fail)
6: 8/26/17 - The Ball Pool

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 14 Oct 2017 13:28

RedKryptonite wrote:
HunterClash wrote:Dream food, huh? I remember my last dream where I ate bacon eggs and bread(it tasted just like it should, delicious), :) heh heh!

Gud Look!

You know what? for my next LD attempt (which should be soon) I'll try to visit Mcdonalds. Man,I've started craving for some of that. its not the healthiest thing to eat in real life but it should be fine in a dream :twisted:

Thanks for sharing your story. 2 out of the last 4 times I had lucid dreams I ate food and it was amazing! Last night I became Lucid in the dream and I thought to fly but I didn't think of eating any food and then the dream ended. So I definitely need to learn stabilizing techniques but I think the really important thing is just to even experience becoming Lucid in a dream and not waking up because I can read all of the theory I want and all the tutorials I want but having a real experience I think is the best teacher. For me it seems to be pretty random whether or not I become lucid. I'm hoping to have it happen more consistently.

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 14 Oct 2017 13:51

LDer Charles wrote:Thanks for sharing your story. 2 out of the last 4 times I had lucid dreams I ate food and it was amazing! Last night I became Lucid in the dream and I thought to fly but I didn't think of eating any food and then the dream ended. So I definitely need to learn stabilizing techniques but I think the really important thing is just to even experience becoming Lucid in a dream and not waking up because I can read all of the theory I want and all the tutorials I want but having a real experience I think is the best teacher. For me it seems to be pretty random whether or not I become lucid. I'm hoping to have it happen more consistently.

Hey,nice to meet you too. Yeah,keep on practicing,it took me quite awhile too before I got the hang of it. Now I sometimes get spontaneous lucid dreams even when I haven't been practicing in awhile(I actually just got back into it practicing it,motivated by these spontaneous lucid dreams). In my last lucid dream,even though I didn't eat at Mcdonalds,I ate my favorite snack of oreo combined with chocolate milk. yummy!

JavierCoats

Postby JavierCoats » 17 Oct 2017 08:58

Thanks for sharing this excellent piece of writing! I am sure that everyone liked the story!

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 18 Oct 2017 16:18

RedKryptonite wrote:
LDer Charles wrote:Thanks for sharing your story. 2 out of the last 4 times I had lucid dreams I ate food and it was amazing! Last night I became Lucid in the dream and I thought to fly but I didn't think of eating any food and then the dream ended. So I definitely need to learn stabilizing techniques but I think the really important thing is just to even experience becoming Lucid in a dream and not waking up because I can read all of the theory I want and all the tutorials I want but having a real experience I think is the best teacher. For me it seems to be pretty random whether or not I become lucid. I'm hoping to have it happen more consistently.

Hey,nice to meet you too. Yeah,keep on practicing,it took me quite awhile too before I got the hang of it. Now I sometimes get spontaneous lucid dreams even when I haven't been practicing in awhile(I actually just got back into it practicing it,motivated by these spontaneous lucid dreams). In my last lucid dream,even though I didn't eat at Mcdonalds,I ate my favorite snack of oreo combined with chocolate milk. yummy!
that is cool. So are you able to lucid dream consistently? I'm getting a bit discouraged because I'm putting so much into it but it seems so Random as to when I actually become lucid and I guess I wonder if anybody lucid dreams every night 100% of the time or if it's kind of random for everybody.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”