At the age of 5, I had to rid myself of Lampshade Man

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Melasdesign

At the age of 5, I had to rid myself of Lampshade Man

Postby Melasdesign » 23 Aug 2017 22:59

Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. This evil apparition, a man in a suit with a lampshade and lighted bulb instead of a head, would come out of the walk-in closet in my bedroom as a girl and threaten death and destruction, every night. I ran. That was all I could do. Every night I ran to the other end of the house with him in hot pursuit and ended up in my parents' bathroom, where I could successfully lock the door (and wake up). Completely terrifying and haunting. I dreaded going to sleep, it was so bad. But I'm a sly cookie, and eventually I noticed I could get a step or two ahead. The dream changed slowly, and I did my best to gain an advantage with each further dreaming. Finally, one night, who knows how long later, I had the presence of mind to distract Mr. Lampshade Man by pointing to the ceiling. He looked up and I pulled the chain on his lamp-head to turn his light off. His light turned off, and he collapsed to the ground. Streamers and balloons fell from the ceiling. I awoke, never to have the dream again. Thank God. I was only 5 and have been dreaming mainly lucidly ever since.
Susan Phillips Hicks
Melasdesign

See my Dream Series art at
https://society6.com/melasdesign/collection/dream-series

LoneDreamer

Re: At the age of 5, I had to rid myself of Lampshade Man

Postby LoneDreamer » 25 Aug 2017 04:07

That's cool. You had LD since you were 5? :shock: I had my first lucid dream today morning.

Melasdesign

Postby Melasdesign » 30 Aug 2017 01:49

Hey - congrats! It will open up a new world of fun. Or getting control of situations that are simply out of control (as in my first one). Was there any indication, like a signal, or a repetition, that your dream was to become lucid?
Susan Phillips Hicks
Melasdesign

LoneDreamer

Postby LoneDreamer » 30 Aug 2017 04:39

I don't remember any signal. But, I just tried the FILD technique for the first time that night. And it worked. I posted my LD in Share lucid dream section with title is this Lucid dream. I tried it between exam days. Today's my last one. After that I will try the technique again.

Melasdesign

Postby Melasdesign » 06 Sep 2017 15:25

Great! Welcome to a new world.
Susan Phillips Hicks
Melasdesign

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 11 Oct 2017 00:36

Thank you. That is such an inspiring story.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”