MY FIRST DILD

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
LoneDreamer

MY FIRST DILD

Postby LoneDreamer » 12 Sep 2017 11:22

Time of dream : Btw 3:30 and 4:40am
Method : Tried FILD, but got a DILD.
No of Lucid dreams : 2
Dream :-
Woke up at 3:10 am tried FILD. It didn't work so set alarm at 4:10 and then went to sleep. During sleep, I remember having a weird dream. I am in weird family. My house is in weird green plain like environment. Very odd considering that I live in a area with trees everywhere. I remember my family talking with another family. During that I look at my parents and think about parents, then it rings I think: 'Who the fuck are these people, they are not my parents, where the fuck am I? This is a dream. I see?' Then I don't remember anything, possibly a scene shift. I am awake in my room, but it seems a bit dark and weird. I know this a dream, I think how to confirm it. I do the nose plug RC. It works. Cool, this time I rub my hands and the dream gains clarity, I slowly get up, to avoid shattering dream. But suddenly I hear my phone alarm sound everywhere like its coming from every where. I try to calm down and stabilize the dream thinking I will be able hold on till the alarm passes but I wake up to a false awakening and in it I am setting alarm. I don't remember after that and I wake up for real. I do the nose plug again. Its not a dream. I write down the dream in journal and go to sleep.
Notes :-
I am still confused as to whether the alarm was real or fake considering how I woke into FA. If it was fake, does that mean I had a false lucid? But I feel this is not false Lucid. :mrgreen: Any thoughts? :ugeek:

RedKryptonite

Re: MY FIRST DILD

Postby RedKryptonite » 12 Sep 2017 13:04

Its entirely possible that the alarm in your real life was embedded into your dream. (I find it unlikely though if yours is the typical powerful alarm since its likely to just wake you,but its possible)

Believe it or not,music can actually be embedded/incorporated into your dreams. Several weeks ago,I made my first time attempt at inducing WILD on 2 consecutive nights using the "Anchor Technique",a technique that uses soft music to induce a LD:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBG3Ds5FC0M&t=11s

I plan to post my experience of it here right now. I'll link them here when done,since its very much related to your experience :)

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 12 Sep 2017 13:22

Here's a post on my experience,if it helps you :)
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19929

LoneDreamer

Postby LoneDreamer » 12 Sep 2017 15:39

This counts as a LD. Right? :)

RedKryptonite

Postby RedKryptonite » 12 Sep 2017 16:01

LoneDreamer wrote:This counts as a LD. Right? :)

Yes,what you experienced is indeed an LD. I've had plenty of similar ones. with more practice and patience,you'll definitely get the hang of it. happy to see your progress :D

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 16 Sep 2017 19:10

That was an interesting lucid dream---in particular the period where you could hear your alarm ringing; proving that we can receive signals from the real world whilst lucidly perambulating the dream world.

You were naturally concerned about shattering the grand illusion, and even though you hoped to sustain it until the alarm stopped by itself in real life, it is quite possible that a subconscious part of you wished to just wake up and turn the clock off manually---a primordial urge which formulated a false awakening where you'd do just that!

Subsequently, because you had enough awareness still, the alertness to suspect and question the nature of your surroundings was present to a degree.

This was a breakthrough! Well done! 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”