No idea what that was

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Deb

No idea what that was

Postby Deb » 17 Sep 2017 00:04

Hi all, new here.
I haven't slept much if at all for the last couple of days and today I was loaded up on codeine because of a health issue.
As soon as I tried resting a while ago, I felt asleep rather quickly. I had a regular dream, nothing weird, work related. It was pretty detailed discussion wise and felt too realistic.

Suddenly I'm out of the workplace, it's night and I'm flying around. Without realizing that it was a dream, I remember thinking "I can turn that way" and I did and I was surprised. After a while of doing it, I was like BOOM IM DREAMING AND IM LUCID (never happened before) so I checked if I indeed could do whatever. Tried flying to specific directions and carrying out thoughts as in "I want to do this/touch this" etc. Felt amazing.

Then I turn and I see someone else also flying, coming towards me. I approached and said hello but my voice barely came out, suddenly everything went slow motioning more and more and I was "falling" to the ground. More like "landing really slow" lol. And I woke up slowly through sth like vibrations and "internal sounds". As if I could hear my heart beating, noises within my body etc, all slowing down in intensity and frequency.

I opened my eyes and closed them instantly and felt the same thing in backwards. I was falling asleep within seconds again and all these sounds and vibrations were now getting louder and faster and it felt like I was being pulled upwards. OBE? that moment someone fucking texted me and I woke up for good.

What was that? Lucid dreaming? OBE? Also even tho in the dream I felt really happy the whole time, now I keep thinking about what if that which was flying towards me wasn't another person but something else.

Anyway, any thoughts appreciated :) I've always wanted to lucid dream but only tried a couple of techniques once and gave up. And now it happened just like that. it was f00king weird.

Deb

Re: No idea what that was

Postby Deb » 18 Sep 2017 02:40

Pls respond

24/7/365

Postby 24/7/365 » 18 Sep 2017 06:22

It's a long story. It has been going on for a long time. I could share with you; but, if you are really interested, it is best if you experience for yourself. "each in there own time and own way", " I can appreciate effort". Sorry, I could not be of more help; but, I don't drive well.
P.S. tell em I said Hi!

Deb

Postby Deb » 18 Sep 2017 11:47

My question is, was that an OBE?

Deb

Postby Deb » 18 Sep 2017 11:48

24/7/365 wrote:It's a long story. It has been going on for a long time. I could share with you; but, if you are really interested, it is best if you experience for yourself. "each in there own time and own way", " I can appreciate effort". Sorry, I could not be of more help; but, I don't drive well.
P.S. tell em I said Hi!

Please share!

Deb

Postby Deb » 19 Sep 2017 04:24

24/7/365 wrote:P.S. tell em I said Hi!

Tell who? I'm scared. This night I woke up around 5:30 just knowing someone is in my room. I don't remember if I heard anything, I just knew as if they talked. I was facing away from the door and stayed there, not moving, eyes wide open waiting. I thought someone broke in (I live alone) so I thought maybe it would be better to pretend I'm sleeping. I closed my eyes waiting. I was NOT dreaming I was awake and conscious the whole time. Suddenly I feel someone covering my back with the sheets, adjusting them for a few seconds as would someone u know do to net get cold. Right after that I felt a less "defined" feeling, a light pressure around my body as if someone laid on the bed and hugged me. After a few seconds it was go e and stayed there wondering whether a or b or x had come for a surprise visit or sth, I was making scenarios for some time but there was no explanation. I was wtfing the whole time but I didn't feel fear. Eventually I turned around and I checked if the sheets where adjusted the way I felt them. They weren't. My back was uncovered. Nobody in the house.

24/7/365

Postby 24/7/365 » 23 Sep 2017 02:22

OBE, lucid dream, visions etc.etc. There are many labels that signify experiences of the paranormal. I call all of them interactions. So, if you want to call it an OBE, I am sure that is as good as any other.
Them means, the ones we all interact with. Some more then others. I don't expect you to relate to what I am saying.
P.S. I actually think it's the coolest thing one could ever be privy to.

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 25 Sep 2017 14:38

Deb wrote:Hi all, new here.
I haven't slept much if at all for the last couple of days and today I was loaded up on codeine because of a health issue.
As soon as I tried resting a while ago, I felt asleep rather quickly. I had a regular dream, nothing weird, work related. It was pretty detailed discussion wise and felt too realistic.

Suddenly I'm out of the workplace, it's night and I'm flying around. Without realizing that it was a dream, I remember thinking "I can turn that way" and I did and I was surprised. After a while of doing it, I was like BOOM IM DREAMING AND IM LUCID (never happened before) so I checked if I indeed could do whatever. Tried flying to specific directions and carrying out thoughts as in "I want to do this/touch this" etc. Felt amazing.

Congrats! You just had an unintentional lucid dream. I had the same type of experience back in 2004 that triggered me to pursue LDing. But I woke up the second I realized I was dreaming.

Deb wrote:Then I turn and I see someone else also flying, coming towards me. I approached and said hello but my voice barely came out, suddenly everything went slow motioning more and more and I was "falling" to the ground. More like "landing really slow" lol. And I woke up slowly through sth like vibrations and "internal sounds". As if I could hear my heart beating, noises within my body etc, all slowing down in intensity and frequency.

Here, it seems to me you lost you “lucid” focus. Sometime you can get caught up in the dream and you begin to accept it as reality instead of just a dream. This causes you to lose control. Dreams are based on your expectations. As you lost control your subconscious expectations was most likely that you can’t fly, hence you lost the ability to fly.

Deb wrote:I opened my eyes and closed them instantly and felt the same thing in backwards. I was falling asleep within seconds again and all these sounds and vibrations were now getting louder and faster and it felt like I was being pulled upwards. OBE? that moment someone fucking texted me and I woke up for good.

This may have been a false awaking (where you dream that you woke up, but never actually woke up); or you may have actually woken up briefly and then slipped immediately back into dream, similar to how WILD (wake induced lucid dreaming) is done.

Deb wrote:What was that? Lucid dreaming? OBE? Also even tho in the dream I felt really happy the whole time, now I keep thinking about what if that which was flying towards me wasn't another person but something else.

Personally I believe that you were lucid dreaming. I don’t believe in OBE, as I don’t believe it is possible for your consciousness, which is part of your brain function, to leave the body. Lucid dreaming can feel as real as real life, and often times it can be more vivid than anything you have ever experienced in real life. I feel lucid dreaming is enough of an explanation and doesn’t require anything supernatural.

I hope you have more lucid dreams very soon.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”