Reality check

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
TotallyLegit

Reality check

Postby TotallyLegit » 02 Oct 2017 14:20

I was in a lucid dream, but when I did the finger threw hand reality check, it didn't go threw. Does anybody have any idea why or how?

24/7/365

Re: Reality check

Postby 24/7/365 » 04 Oct 2017 15:57

your astrobody can be a little Finicky, You should try hand through face; however that sometimes results in a face palm.

Sean Jacobs

Re: Reality check

Postby Sean Jacobs » 04 Oct 2017 20:28

Your dreams function based on your subconscious expectations. So, if you doubt that you are dreaming, even slightly...your expectations are that you are awake....your mind will respond accordingly and everything will occur as you would expect it to happen in real life...i.e. you will not be able to push your finger through the palm of your other hand.

So, you have to change your expectation. You have to really believe you are dreaming and that your finger will go through your hand before you make the attempt. It helps if you speak out loud in your dreams. Try saying out loud, "I'm Dreaming!" and really mean it, then attempt your reality check.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”