Dream Objects Out The Dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Labyrinthine

Dream Objects Out The Dream

Postby Labyrinthine » 25 Dec 2017 07:53

I've been experiencing some strange things upon waking up from my dreams and lucid dreams. At times, there might be some sort of object in my dream, such as a glass of water. Then, when I wake up, the glass of water is still there, floating in midair and I'm able to look at it for several seconds. Then it just vanishes, slowly disappearing into thin air. When this happens, I'm awake with my eyes open and I'll just get up from the bed once the object has vanished.
I wonder if this has got something to do with the functionality of our eyes, and how the various scenarios and items are actually "created" in our dreams?
Has anyone else experienced this?

24/7/365

Re: Dream Objects Out The Dream

Postby 24/7/365 » 25 Dec 2017 15:34

D.O.K.

Summerlander

Re: Dream Objects Out The Dream

Postby Summerlander » 25 Dec 2017 22:46

I've had something similar. Sleep paralysis accompanied by a hallucination of a monster made of bubble gum. As my grip of reality deepened, I realised I was staring at my wife's pink lounging robe through slitted eyes.

This, of course, is an example of misinterpreting visual information from the external world. In your case it could be lingering hallucinatory afterimages which indicate a slow transition from the lucid dream state into the waking state.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”