LucidCats LucidDreams

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
boeing747

Re: LucidCats LucidDreams

Postby boeing747 » 10 Feb 2018 23:22

As I just posted. My L dreams started quite rudimentary in 2000 but I can now control them fairly well. Also, in some dreams, I realize I am dreaming and can decide I don't like them and simply exit out of them at will. Lost my wallet in a dream, realized it was a dream and exited knowing my wallet was on the table downstairs.

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 13 Feb 2018 11:30

boeing747 wrote:As I just posted. My L dreams started quite rudimentary in 2000 but I can now control them fairly well. Also, in some dreams, I realize I am dreaming and can decide I don't like them and simply exit out of them at will. Lost my wallet in a dream, realized it was a dream and exited knowing my wallet was on the table downstairs.

How in specific did you get control over them?
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

savimakwo

Postby savimakwo » 21 Feb 2018 10:35

It can't make these efforts which can lucid the dreams of marking pillow

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 24 Feb 2018 22:37

savimakwo wrote:It can't make these efforts which can lucid the dreams of marking pillow

I don't really understand what you mean, I'm sorry.
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 24 Feb 2018 22:49

So, lately I've been in a rut again and I guess know exactly what I'm doing wrong.

Those few times WBTB+WILD had worked made me greedy to repeat the same thing again - and I would try and try and try and everything and I'd get really close but I wouldn't be able to surpass my own mental limitation of simply wanting it too much.

Now it's back to the basics. I have to get back to that mentality of "not really caring if I get LD, or not" + "yet being disciplined with the routines and exercises and enjoying them no matter what the result is"

Thus being:
- meditating twice a day
- doing RC's regularly and keeping a mindset of questioning reality
- mindfulness
- consequent dream journalling
- being physically active

I'll do this - no matter if I get a lucid dream or not. Actually I shouldn't care if it happens tomorrow or in two years. All that matters is that I keep doing those things.
And I'll be patient with myself.

I'm writing this here because it's like a contract and it makes it more official.
Any input from the community is highly appreciated.

Cheers!

CARPE NOCTEM

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 01 Mar 2018 09:31

5th Lucid Dream on March 1st 2018
(I'm still meditating twice per day, writing down my dreams)

In the last two days I've been reality checking more thanks to using Sean Jacob's See The Sky Technique. Somehow it makes it easier for me to get into a mindful and reality-doubting mindset.
This morning (after getting to sleep again) I had my first DILD in a long time. It was short lived and blurry. I don't remember what happened in the dream before I got lucid.
Well, at some point - without even doing a reality check - I know I am dreaming. "I am dreaming!" I am stuck in a dark blurry hallway. I rub my hands together to get it clearer and lay down on the ground to examine the beautiful floor tiles with my hand and my eyes.

That's all I remember. I'm glad it happened because it's a little proof that I'm back on the track - and that what I'm doing at the moment works.
Last edited by LucidCat on 18 Apr 2018 06:18, edited 1 time in total.

CARPE NOCTEM

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 05 Mar 2018 19:38

Great LD's LucidCat. I hope many more are on the way.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 15 Mar 2018 21:01

Sean Jacobs wrote:Great LD's LucidCat. I hope many more are on the way.

There are!

I've been keeping up with the See The Sky Technique (by Sean Jacobs) - thanks to it I manage to do up to 50 reality checks per day.
It's now easier for me to get into a reality questioning state of mind and I can do the checks in a more mindful way.
I'm pretty bad at making extra fingers appear in my mind - but I try to feel the extra fingers before checking. My favorite reality check now is again the 'fingers-through-palm-check' but I'm doing it differently:

I let my right two fingers approach the left hand's palm very slowly.
I don't directly look at my left hand but a little past it.
Then - what happens is that in my vision both the fingers and hand start to melt into each other, even though they don't touch yet.
And my brain is like "Oh, it's working!!!! I'm dreaming!" It feels tingly and a little dizzying.
Until I actually touch the palm.

Two days ago I started taking DMAE and choline bitartrate supplements - due to a recommendation I got from a lucid dreaming artist named Dallas Rayburn.

Today a lucid dream happened. I am not sure if I remember everything the way it happened because I didn't wake up immediately after it. I tried to write it down as accurate as I can.

6th Lucid Dream on March 15, 2018
I woke up this morning and had a lot of dream stuff to write down. I went back to bed again. Had some really vivid and weird dreams.

At some point I find myself standing in a yard with historical looking walls and buildings around it. It is a sunny day. And I know that I'm dreaming. Why? I have no idea, the sky might have triggered it. And I haven't done a reality check either.

I do what I planned on doing in my next LD - I just look around at my surroundings, examine what I can see. Everything is very clear. I see a door in a wall, made of dark wood with squared glass windows in it. Then I start to fly without intending it. I see myself floating away from the ground. As I fly over the landscape I feel the wind against body. I think I remember my landing - but after that everything turns dark. I mentally tell myself to wake up. Instead I fall back into unawareness and keep dreaming normal dreams.

And then I woke up, and I took me a little time to remember I had a lucid dream - and wrote it all down as good as I could remember.

CARPE NOCTEM

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 02 Apr 2018 17:52

In the last days I've neglected RC's a little bit (due to my boyfriend being here and me being kind of distracted because of that) But overall I've been doing them quite consistently over the past weeks, mostly when seeing the sky or whenever I think about it. Still taking the supplements. Still writing down my dreams every morning, as far as possible.
Some days ago in the morning I've had two short and spontaneous lucid dreams.

7th and 8th Lucid Dream on March 30th, 2018

Before it started I was in bed next to my sleeping boyfriend. I had just woken up and was about to fall asleep again.
I smoothly and unintentionally slipped into a WILD, the transition was really fast. The hypnagogic patterns formed into trees behind my eyelids...

And here I am, walking barefoot on a road. The sky is blue, and I look at the trees besides the road. I am amazed to know that I am dreaming and everything is very clear...

I woke up again for a moment, as my boyfriend did - and I told him that I had just had a lucid dream. He told me to keep sleeping a little more. Then the following happened...

A forest is forming around me and I am aware that this is not reality. It is sunny day again, I'm walking over a grassy clearing, feeling the grass underneath my feet. I look around being amazed, wondering what I should be doing. I decide to keep it simple and explore my surroundings. I grab a branch of a pine tree, feeling the needles between my fingers. I rub them, and I smell the scent of the pine tree. I think: 'It would be cool if a horse was around here.' I turn my head left and there, in the close distance, I see a white horse just like Shadowfax from LOTR... he starts galloping towards me just like in that famous movie scene...

And I woke up again. I guess I got a little too excited.

CARPE NOCTEM

JAD

Postby JAD » 03 Apr 2018 16:58

So you've only ever seen lucid cat once in a dream? It's a good technique though. Still using it?

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”