IS THIS A WILD?? It was so cool and vivid

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
alteredstates

IS THIS A WILD?? It was so cool and vivid

Postby alteredstates » 24 Aug 2012 13:13

Hey all
I think i WILDED today??? :o Am not sure am a beginner at the WILD-ing thing but it was pretty cool? I was lying in bed on my side and very tired and i was dreaming me I was visiting some areas in the world, but in a very surreal way. I'm gonna start from scratch? I was in what looked like the grand canyon/ deserty area in Arizona -i love the canyon structures and how they stand against the skyline and this "tour guide" was showing the places to us (i was with a bunch of others) but then as if the air had become a giant touchscreen like on an iphone or ipad he started waving his hand and all of a sudden lots of skyscrapers were flicking past us and settling where the unoccupied desert area was .

It became a city, and i saw buildings that resembled the empire state building, and chrysler building in New york and I also noticed a bridge or a part of the structure and closest to what it looked like was the golden gate bridge but that's in San Francisco. I have visited US only once but never went to these places. Anyway, The deserty canyon area got pushed far back so that if you wanted to go and view it you had to walk past lots of skyscrapers and structures and along different roads in the city to go to your "tourist location." It looked like it was in the "backyard" of the city and i know Arizona is nowhere near New york city but nearer to San Francisco. The guide was explaining how all these unnatural buildings and cities had replaced natural ones. Then next minute I was in this town with my mother and we were being driven through the streets like "tourists" but then after a while something happened..i think there wasn't any more images and i realized that i was able to start forming images of characters and people in my head. (i've never seen them before but i knew they were tourists) and i visualized a part of the street made of cobble in an old town, and the people stood under a stone arch and there was a tour guide there. There was chatter around. It resembled the old medieval town in tallin, estonia or even the ones in prague, czech republic, since it has a culture and many attractions from medieval times and other times-i find it easy to fall in love with such historical places and the atmosphere they have of mystery and a lot you can learn. It had that kind of feel to it.. There was a pavement close to my seeing range on opposite side of the road to where the tourists were standing, but it was smooth and concrete and it felt like i was running my hand up and down the smooth pavement when really i was just running my hand along the side of my mattress where a zipline is. :shock:

When i woke up I didn't remember it immediately since i had a dream after that but at first i thought i had been WILD-ing within a dream but i read somewhere that it's impossible to do this..? I was trying to somehow "jump" into the dream but instead i saw hypnagogic patterns in a black background which were very pretty anyhow. 8-) I think this has probably been my first true WILD haha? It is one of my coolest dreams yet. My hand was maybe moving involuntarily and probably if i was more still i would have been able to enter the dream? The rest of my body was defo in SP otherwise i wouldn't be dreaming.. Can anyone give me some feedback please?

blazing

Re: IS THIS A WILD?? It was so cool and vivid

Postby blazing » 25 Aug 2012 00:15

OMG THIS SOUNDS AWESOME

alteredstates

Postby alteredstates » 25 Aug 2012 19:12

blazing wrote:OMG THIS SOUNDS AWESOME

WHY THANK YOU. SO WAS THIS A WILD???????????

Mr.Lucid

Postby Mr.Lucid » 27 Aug 2012 00:37

Yes, from what I've read, this is a WILD. Congrats, I am not experienced enough to do WILD's, but they sound fun! If you saw Hypongogic imagery, then 'jumped' into the dream from conciousness, it was a WILD. Awesome!! :D

alteredstates

Postby alteredstates » 27 Aug 2012 10:54

YAY!!! thank you...I want to get back to it hmm..it was triggered by very little sleep :p very surreal stuff

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 27 Aug 2012 23:22

alteredstates wrote:..it was triggered by very little sleep :p very surreal stuff

When i'm sleep deprived, my hypnogogia is very intense! For me, this makes it easier to WILD :)
Dreaming is my drug

alteredstates

Postby alteredstates » 28 Aug 2012 11:02

torakrubik wrote:
alteredstates wrote:..it was triggered by very little sleep :p very surreal stuff

When i'm sleep deprived, my hypnogogia is very intense! For me, this makes it easier to WILD :)

Mine is not sleep deprivation more so weird sleeping patterns and my body and how it's feeling at the time...Sticking to a routine tends to work better; i.e. going to bed at certain time, staying up for a time doing the necessary exercises, go to sleep with signals then wait and see. To achieve this WILD I woke up at 3amish as usual, stayed up for a while,did some exercises via lucidology relaxation tips for OBE and lucid dreams, then tried to get back to sleep..did STOP DROP (counting, tensing and untensing from 150 onwards) ROLL or no ROLL or several then yeah. You can imagine...took ages but sometimes it's a blessing in disguise because once I'm finally tired and able to sleep to tend to have the most interesting dreams- LDs, OBEs, some I'm not sure what category they even fall in...lol :p. I wasn;t even expecting the WILD nor did I even remember it the moment I woke up since I couldnt believe it had actually happened but it's cool it did. 8-)
Sometimes i go to sleep late, instead of the time I'm meant to sleep like around 10:30pm or 11pm i often go to sleep like 1am and latest like 3am. I want to get at least 4-5 hours sleep standard (at times i get less which is not good) so wake up around 5ish...5ish in the morning for it I slept like 2:30am.5 tends to be when the magic really happens. Had my first dream about waking sleep paralysis at that time, had my first waking sleep paralysis around that time and also during the 5ish to early 6ish mark this WILD. Later mornings tend to be when the OBEs and such happen..another "magic spot" was 8am which is when i had my first OBE haa but now am lucky if my eye is even open a wink at that time or I'm able to "hover" between the thresholds..
I'm very experimental yet technical with my methods because i used to lack discipline so much before..then one day I became determined wanting to have a conscious astral projection to seek answers cos it's very spiritual and people say they always come back thrilled, happier, no longer afraid of death, enhanced abilities, meet guides, soul mates, travel through space (most common), knowing more about themselves, (which is what i want more than ever) and several other benefits and abilities. Nearly every account I've listened to or read about is similar in what they went through to achieve it and rarely do people ever say, "my astral projection was shit..." :| so yeah I feel I have a good chance for it because I've come close but I want to be more focused with it and I decided to adopt certain techniques to help. Couldn't afford Steve G jones's exploration package (don't think it's right to charge that amount of money for people's astral projection.?) so I researched several useful sites then i discovered this site then lucidology on youtube. ..but decided I would go through lucid dreaming so researched different techniques and now here I am.

Still not quite where I want to be yet but I know it will happen. As you can see i have achieved quite a lot though with the methods I have used and it has worked for me but when I don't stick to schedule it or I'm not feeling up for sleeping early..the results are often scattered..but like I said 5am-6am and 8am (if fortunate) good things happen for me in terms of LDs and possibly OBE..the OBE just happens and for a couple of minutes...and if i just have regular dreams sometimes interesting things happen too, like the dream feels ultra long or i tell a dream character i'd just been dreaming about something or i remember something from previous dreams in the dream or interesting things from waking life that make me wonder if I'm really asleep loool. The earliest I went to bed when practising the lucid dream timer technique for first time was actually 9pm!!! :lol: can you believe it??? It did work but nothing too crazy.
Unlike others i Haven't been lucid dreaming since being a little kid, and actually only learned about it last month! Even if I was lucid dreaming since toddler years I don't remember lool but i think it's a natural ability we all have and to me working a little bit harder on it whilst i'm on uni holidays goes a long way

Tom.H

Postby Tom.H » 28 Aug 2012 18:33

Sounds like you are making great progress, especially for one who heard about Lucid dreaming only a month ago! Also it sounds like an great WILD you had, but I am sure it is only the first of many! :D

alteredstates

Postby alteredstates » 28 Aug 2012 20:07

Tom.H wrote:Sounds like you are making great progress, especially for one who heard about Lucid dreaming only a month ago! Also it sounds like an great WILD you had, but I am sure it is only the first of many! :D

Thank you soo much Tom H! I already heard about lucid dream just didn't know about what it was or that it could be easily achieved...thought only special "psychics" had that ability. Not trying to sound cheesy but it means a lot :)

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”