DCs are aware that it's all a dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Legended

DCs are aware that it's all a dream

Postby Legended » 30 Sep 2012 08:58

I had a lucid dream last night that I was in large house with a bunch of strangers. When i realize I am dreaming I usually began to tell the people it's all a dream. Of course they never believe me, but this time when I told them they already knew, which I thought was strange.

I couldn't leave the house either. It was like I was trapped. I went to the front and the whole house was surrounded by tall bushes. I tried escaping through mirrors, but everytime I got close they got fuzzy and I wasn't able to go threw them. I tried teleporting threw a rabbit hole but it only teleported me in different places of the house.

I decided to explore the house. I noticed a stairwell to the basement and walked down the stairs. I opened the door and it didn't even seem like a basement. It was a labyrinth of tunnels. There was a bunch of people just wondering around just like me. Then there was a loud rumble that sounded like rushing water. I looked down one of the tunnels that it was coming from and a huge wall of water was rushing towards me. Everyone started running but I stood still for I knew I was in no real danger. As the rushing water got closer it got smaller and it began to take shape into a faceless character. When it finally got near, it came face to face with me, growled, and continued chasing the people.

I woke up and didn't know what to make of this dream. I've been having lucid dreams a lot more frequently this year. They seem to be getting much more bizarre and uncontrollable. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

beadietux

Re: DCs are aware that it's all a dream

Postby beadietux » 01 Oct 2012 14:01

I've had similar experiences with being inside buildings with no doors. In one, I was able to push through the ceiling...I just stuck my arms in and created a hole to crawl through. But then the other night, i tried the same thing and it didn't work. For me, I think it has to do with a lack of confidence or some other emotional barrier, because I rationally know that I can do anything I want in the dream, so when I'm unable to do something, I know it has to be some problem with my perception. So far, I've been able to recognize this and control it somewhat, but not totally, while dreaming. For instance in that last dream where I couldn't crawl through the ceiling, I did do other things that I've had trouble with in the past like remembering to talk to dream characters and getting out of a state of sleep paralysis, and I accomplished those things by focusing and controlling emotions. I just keep hoping to get better each time.

Legended

Re: DCs are aware that it's all a dream

Postby Legended » 02 Oct 2012 04:26

beadietux wrote:I think it has to do with a lack of confidence or some other emotional barrier, because I rationally know that I can do anything I want in the dream, so when I'm unable to do something, I know it has to be some problem with my perception.

I agree. Lately I've been feeling care free, which probably explains the lack of control. Its something I need to get over, but I'm sure it's just a phase.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”