First WILD - short but sweet

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
beadietux

First WILD - short but sweet

Postby beadietux » 12 Oct 2012 15:08

So, I've had a number of vivid DILD's - probably about one a week over the last 2 months - and I've tried WILD's with no success, but last night, I finally had one...I think! It was the middle of the night, and my family was playing musical beds (kids end up in our bed, so I go find a kid's bed to sleep in), and I ended up in my daughter's princess bed which seems to be where I've had most of my DILD's - probably because of the waking up and then going back to sleep. Well, this time, I'm pretty sure it wasn't a DILD. For the first time ever, I had a very vivid image appear from my hypnagogia, and I stayed calm and let it materialize. It was earth and it was very vivid. Suddendly it turned into an inflatable earth globe and I was sitting up in bed playing with it. This felt so real that I really thought I was awake. I did an RC and my hands looked normal except for being a little fuzzy, so I wasn't sure. I looked at them again and again and each time my right hand got a little smaller until it was tiny. So, I got up and walked into my living room and bounced and floated in the air - floating is really nice...it's very relaxing. I'm kind of more into that than flying now. Anyway, I stood back down on the floor and started thinking about what I would do, and then I screwed up...I started remembering what I had done in the past and how I wanted to do things differently this time...that's good but I let my mind linger way too long in past memories and suddenly, I was back in bed again, totally aware of my body. Argh! This happened the last time I had a lucid dream, and it's very frustrating. I'm learning how important it is to not lose focus of what's going on right in front of you. You have to stay right in the moment. I'm going to keep trying to do that exercise someone on here suggested where, in waking life, you just look at something and focus on it for a minute and keep your mind in the present moment.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”