Am i LD or astral projecting?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.

Am i LD or astral projecting?

Postby eve7 » 14 Nov 2012 13:26

Hi there, i have been doing LD/AP for probably around 10 years. But it was only recently i've realized what it is after just casting it off as me being mad or just having nightmares. Ive bought a few books recently and i have started researching whats happening to me during sleep.

I often become conscious on the ceiling and then i can fly (at any speed i want) around at will, Usually in my own home but sometimes in places that are familiar outside. Occasionally i become paralyzed upon trying to wake up and my face becomes all distorted and i cant move my body for about 60 seconds. Sometimes i even have bad entities trying to pull me away or even push me but as soon as that happens i wake up terrified. I can still feel where they touched me upon waking, like last week on my right shoulder.
A couple of weeks ago a small girl, about 5 y/o, was jumping up and down on my bed and laughing .. now that freaked me out so bad i couldn't go back to sleep. But she was friendly.

I have these symptoms - Deep tingling sensation all over the body before raising out of body ( or as i describe it.. like opening a bottle of fizzy water), feeling of no gravity, conscious and able to rationalize my movements, sometimes the sound of music (but not any music ive heard before), feelings of pure radiating love and sometimes feelings of bad energies around me.

Am i Lucid Dreaming, Astral Projecting, having an OOBE? I clearly also get Sleep paralysis sometimes.. so whats happening to me and why cant i control it? I feel i've been given a gift without the instructions! Is it a mixture of everything? LD & AP & SP?? Your thoughts on this would really help me.. i've only ever told my partner.. and he's jealous! lol .

Thank you for reading my post x

Re: Am i LD or astral projecting?

Postby Peter » 14 Nov 2012 18:09

To me it is all the same as the end result is the exploring in the dream state. There are a few ways to get there, WILD, OBE, DILD.

Google these terms with lucid dreaming and see what you can find. You will get a lot of differing opinions on your question depending on experience and beliefs
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Postby Summerlander » 19 Nov 2012 14:57

I agree with Peter.

The term "lucid dreaming" is more popular and tends to be more accepted among the masses than "astral projection" or "OOBE/OBE" (even though, with the latter, every dream can be thought of as an out-of-body experience). The "phase state" is another pragmatic term being used at to avoid confusion and ease the study of the phenomenon.

The "phase state" is an umbrella term that describes REM sleep and consciousness working in unison. It is a brain state marked by a blend of activity that denotes the presence of wakefulness and dreaming. More recently, Gamma activity was identified during this kind of hybrid sleep and it occurs to different degrees every time an individual is having a lucid dream, an out-of-body experience, or even a false awakening (pre-lucid state).

One can enter the phase before, during and after sleep and it is good to bear in mind that the state tends to fluctuate - which is why we, as practitioners, employ deepening and maintaining techniques. Rebecca Turner, Michael Raduga, Stephen LaBerge and Celia Green provide the most reliable literature on the subject. Any one of these experts will help you.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Postby NightHowl » 20 Nov 2012 18:13

Hi, Eve!
I would say I also agree with Peter. I had many experiences, but was never sure if it is a Lucid Dream or Astral Projection. I came up with my own explanation of what is the difference ...

I wrote an article recently, about what is the difference between LD and AP.
Here's a link if you want to check it out:

Postby eve7 » 23 Nov 2012 18:55

Thank you all for your replies :) i will look into everything you have suggested. You've been most helpful!

Postby lanshan75 » 10 Dec 2012 07:06

I have been annoyed by this problem for a long time,so thank you for your post, it is really useful for me.
share love,share happy,share useful information about and

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”