A message from Hades - And a rash of false awakenings

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
TheDoctor

A message from Hades - And a rash of false awakenings

Postby TheDoctor » 10 Dec 2012 06:10

I'm honestly a little befuddled about the order of the dreams here. But this one was definitely first:

I'm at work. Sitting at my desk. Waking up of all things. Have I been here all night? My wife is going to wonder where I've been. The lights are dim, and other people are around. I feel groggy.

At some point I awaken, and in WPR, the alarm on my cell phone goes off. I don't need to get up, but I neglected to shut it off last night. I fumble for it in my pants pocket, shut it off, and place it by the bedside table. It's 5:45 a.m. The ride begins.

I'm in a crowded room full of chairs, which (I realize later) resembles the bus depot. I'm trying to get someone's attention, but no one will listen to me, except my 3-year-old daughter, S, and she won't understand. I want to talk about the dream I just had, and something bizarre that happened with my cell phone. In my dream about waking up at work, the cell phone rang, and the number on it was wrong. (In my confused state, I think that the call display is supposed to show my own phone number.) In my waking up at work dream (as I remember it now) the display turned red and displayed the digits '4070706.' I think it's noteworthy that I remember the number from the dream, but even more bizarre is the fact that when the cell phone rang while I was in bed, it did the same thing. How could my dream event spill over into waking life? And won't anyone listen to me? Finally someone standing at one of the doorways faces me and explains, "It's a message from Hades."

I wake up at about 6:15. Right away, I realize the solution to the puzzle. The bizarre behaviour of the cell phone occurred in dreams both times. I reach over to touch the phone at the bedside table. I'm certain it went off, triggering the 2nd dream. My memory of the first dream has been skewed in one of two ways. Either it really did occur before the cell phone went off, as I remember, in which case the cell phone anomoly was never really part of that dream. Or it occurred after the cell phone incident, and my memory of the order of events has been skewed. Either way, the second dream has messed with the memory of the first dream.

Now that I'm awake, I can hear my 3-yr-old calling for Mom. I get up and sit with her so Mom can sleep. After about 30 to 45 minutes, Mom gets up and I can go back to bed.

I'm not sure what order everything happens here.

I'm floating around near the surface of my bed. Not really surprised. I'll keep my eyes shut and see what happens. I roll over to the size and fall with a loud noise onto the floor. Great. Now I feel stupid. They probably heard that in the next room.

Oh wait. I'm in bed again. That fall didn't really happen. Still got that floaty feeling. I open my eyes. There are mice crawling around on the ceiling. How can they stay up there? I make a noise and they skitter into little round holes. They must be always there when I'm asleep, but skitter away when I'm awake, so I never see them. I should board up those holes, but they'll probably find another way out.

It occurs to me that I don't really have those holes in my ceiling. This isn't real. I get out of bed and observe the bedroom. It's got a creepy air to it. This is the sort of thing that I've heard about with sleep paralysis. This is the first time I've had the creepy visions.
(This is true. I've experienced sleep paralysis numerous times, but have not had the nightmarish visions that others have had.) There are screens on the walls. And the upper and lower jaws of a wolf protruding from the walls. I decide to pray. Then I address the jaws, to ask them why they are here. (I consider briefly, then dismiss dumping love on the scary dream feature, as I've read about. I have trouble with that concept.) The jaws utter something, but it's unintelligible due to the background noise. I find a door and decide to leave.

I'm floating Superman style through nothingness. Not total nothingness. It's kind of streaky grey. I consider seeing a friend, see a flash of a signpost, and change course. Quicky I decide against that course, and remember an intention I had previously decided. I see another flash of a signpost, and feel another change of course. I feel dissatisfied with the lack of visuals. This is taking too long.

I'm walking down the back alley of the street of my childhood home. I'm holding hands with my two older kids, and we are accompanied by a coworker. It occurs to me that I'm dreaming. I do my usual realitity check: hold up my legs and hover. Yep. I shout up to the dream to show me something...

Now I'm awake for the rest of the day.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”