My wife's dream nose

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
TheDoctor

My wife's dream nose

Postby TheDoctor » 28 Dec 2012 02:42

I am sitting on the couch in the living room with the computer on my lap. I am reading a message from a friend, but rather than email, the message is on an SD card. I find the information disappointing, but I realize that it is a dream, so I don't let it bother me.

The next thing I know, I getting out of bed, still aware that I am dreaming. Curious, I turn around to see the bed. At first, it appears to be empty, but then it seems to be occupied by an individual that is a composite of persons.

I am in the kitchen where I find my wife and daughter. I tell them that this is a dream. The news seems to disturb my daughter, so I demonstrate by floating up in the air. My wife appears to be disinterested. It all seems so real, so I decide to press my wife's nose with my finger to see how it feels. It seems a little off. "Numb" is the word that comes to mind.

Now I am outside on the front porch. I notice that the air feels cold. I also notice that the railing is missing. It occurs to me that I've left the door open. I realize that this doesn't really matter, since I am dreaming, but it still bothers me. I decide to indulge myself and shut the door. The front of the house doesn't look right.

I decide to fly around a bit, and there is a little dog with spiked skin nipping at my left hand which is wearing a glove. There are also moose across the street. The neighbourhood looks different.

I've had enough of flying and want to speak with some people. I'm now standing behind two dream figures, one of whom appear to be about to get into a pick-up truck. I get his attention by adressing him as "Detective doctor." He turns around he has a beard. I begin to discuss the dream with him, but I snap awake.

Additional Comments:

1. My wife's nose felt "numb." Why would it feel numb to me? One thing I've thought of is that if I were to touch her nose in WPR, she would feel it, but when I touch her nose in a dream she doesn't feel it.

2. This is the second time I've looked at the bed after a false awakening. The last time it was empty.

3. This is the second "doctor" I've conversed with in a dream. The last conversation was short as well.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”