LD: First encounter with a mirror

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
lucidinthe sky

LD: First encounter with a mirror

Postby lucidinthe sky » 05 Jan 2013 04:35

I was inside of a building and checked my hands: saw the usual missing fingers, changing number, etc. but had the doubts, as I am never 100% sure. Told a few people that I was dreaming, and asked what I should do with them in a dream. I kept noticing people with technology, strange cell phones, cameras, but none of it did anything except to have all kinds of little things that you could pop in and out, then back in if you were lucky. Often they would only pop out. Everyone seemed to have a movie camera, including me. I didn’t even know how to turn it on and it didn’t work. Every time I popped something out, it wouldn’t go back in. Then someone was sitting at a table and I asked if these things work in dreams. She let me try hers and had the same issues. I even tried interchanging parts with mine and no luck. Someone takes me by the hand and says come with me. The woman is around 40 years old, short with red hair. She seemed sort of familiar and I ask the woman how long has it been since I’ve seen her. She says it’s been 6 months though I don’t remember. The visuals kept going dark/black and white, but I kept telling myself to keep going, sure that they would come back and they always did. I would just keep walking around. This must have happened 10 or 15 times during the dream. Occasionally would rub my hands which helped, but waiting always worked. The woman took down some stairs and into a bedroom with an entire wall mirror. I looked in the mirror and freaked out when I saw a completely detailed color view of someone else with brown hair, big tear-drop glasses tinted brown, looked right out of the 70s, really weird! Just an amazing amount of detail and color. I was so shocked by this that I felt myself being pushed back into the wall looking at it, but moving away from it. It was so freaky, the detail was incredibly perfect. I ran out and found someone else but couldn’t find my way back. “Take me back to that room with the mirror, I asked, you have to see this!” He took me back, but then I looked again and at first the image was dark, then I saw a different person. I tried to notice details this time: I stared into these bright blue eyes, light complexion, young face with braces, (there’s even an orange part) someone says. The mouth got distorted when I really started examining the face and black started to appear around the mouth. I am so excited and tell the DC in the room with me “What we are seeing in the mirror is not the real person. We are seeing something else. Every time you look, it's someone else. You never know what you are going to see when you look into a mirror.” He agrees with me, like “of course and didn’t you know?”
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”