First possible lucid dream?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.

First possible lucid dream?

Postby Capy » 09 Jan 2013 23:42

About a week ago, I decided to try and learn to lucid dream. One of my reality checks is checking my palm; counting to see if I have 5 digits and to see if the freckles on my palm are in the same place. I did it about 6 times throughout the day.

However, that same night, I had a dream I was lying in bed, and looked at my hand for a reality check. I had 6 fingers, and freaked out, knowing I was dreaming - but my body was totally paralysed. I was like that for some time before either waking up or moving onto a different dream. I recall this dream with a lot of clarity.

But it doesn't feel like a lucid dream? For a start, it happened on my first night attempting lucid dreaming. Somehow, I really doubt I would've managed that! :lol: Especially since I have not had another dream even close to lucid since. It felt more like I was not actually lucid; I was just dreaming about having a lucid dream. I'm more inclined to believe that.

Is that something that happens? Does anyone else get those? Or is it not uncommon to have a few initial lucid dreams that you panic over and end up losing lucidity in, before they become a regular, controllable thing? Let me know, I'm new to how this works. :)

lucidinthe sky

Re: First possible lucid dream?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 10 Jan 2013 01:52

You can dream about lucid dreaming, I have many times.

Generally you know if you were dreaming about lucid dreaming, if you even suspect it, you probably were. When I have a lucid dream I almost always know for sure. One of the signs is the memories. Lucid dream memories are much more like waking life memories than dream memories. They should stand out from the dream memories and fade more slowly, that's been my experience. Also, when you are thinking about what you are going to do in the dream and make decisions about it, you will remember doing that as if you had the experience when you were awake. This is not alays true, but most of time the dreams become exactly like waking life. They go from sort of like watching a movie, to actually being in a real 3 dimensional place that you can touch and feel. Colors become more vibrant and details sharper. Again, this doesn't always happen for everyone, but for me it's about 90% of the time. Sounds like you are on the right track. Good luck!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”